Chapter 21

[Liam's P.O.V.]

Jay's confused look turned toward Louis and I and I gave her a slightly nervous smile. Luckily, Lottie began yelling about something the twins had just done. When she left, Louis and I looked at each other in relief.

"What are we going to tell her about his speech?" I asked Louis quietly.

"I don't know, mate. We can't exactly hide it from her anymore. She obviously knows."

"What are talking about?" Niall whispered with us.

"The way you talk," Louis said bluntly.

"Something is wrong with way I talk?" Niall asked in a squeaky voice.

"Of course not, love," I soothed.

"But Louis said-"

"Louis is a butthead."

"Hey!"

"What are you three muttering about?" Jay had quickly reappeared without them noticing.

"Uh, nothing important," I answered quickly. "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Probably what you two do every time you come up."

"I call sitting next to Louis!" Daisy shouted from the front room.

And that made the argument break out that Louis quickly dealt with diving across the four of them that were seated on the couch. However, this started a new outburst of the fact that he was squashing all of them. I found my way onto the couch that wasn't occupied by Louis and his siblings and Niall plopped down next to me.

"Liam," Niall whispered. "Can hold hand?"

Instead of answering, I interlocked our fingers and he smiled at me.

"Louis!" Lottie shouted. "Get off of us."

"You always sit on me!"

"You're bigger than us!"

Louis made a big deal of huffing loudly and squished himself in between Lottie and Daisy as Fizzy and Phoebe curled around him too. Each sister was at least touching their older brother and it gave me a small pang in my chest about missing my family. Niall cuddled against me, as though he was sensing my slight sadness and it made me feel better. Louis happily flipped through the channels until Lottie got tired of watching the channels flip by and got up to put in a movie.

"What movie do we want to watch?" She asked looking through the small shelf.

"Toy Story?" Niall immediately said. causing me to smile widely and Louis groaned.

"Which one?"

"First one!"

Louis' groan grew louder and I smirked over to him. He stuck his tongue out as Lottie came to sit back down after putting the movie in. Louis grumbled a bit more but stopped with Fizzy gave him a small pinch. He gave a small frown but then Daisy curled closer against him and he stopped. We watched the movie with the girls telling Louis all about their lives and Louis, being the good big brother that he was, listened intently. About halfway through, the twins got bored with the movie and ran off to do their own thing. Lottie and Fizzy stayed throughout the whole movie and then Jay came wandering in looking for the twins. She disappeared again and they came barreling back into the front room, throwing themselves at Niall and me. I gave a small oof noise but Niall just laughed as they got comfortable with sitting on the both of us.

"Niall?" Phoebe asked, looking up at him.

"Are Phoebe, yes?"

"Yeah!" Her eyes lit up as she continued her question. "Why are you wearing a beanie still?"