Chapter 9

[Liam's P.O.V.]

We finished up dinner with Niall eating the rest of mine and Louis' plates, of course with Louis teasing him. Niall was indifferent to the teasing because he was too busy happily eating the rest of our food.

"Aren't you going to go find Kyle?" I asked Louis.

Louis pursued his lips a tad, "I suppose I probably should..."

He paused a bit before shrugging and I smiled a tad.

"Why are you even with him?"

"I don't really know, Li. To be honest."

"You don't like it when he talks to you or when he touches you. I don't think you like it when he looks at you."

"I don't," Louis admitted thoughtfully. "I don't know why I'm with him, actually."

I nodded as Louis shrugged a tad, I figure he can figure things out on his own. I look over to find Niall done with both of our plates so I called the waiter back over. He sashayed over and smiled widely.

"Wasn't there a fourth person sitting with you guys?"

"There was a... minor dispute," Louis smirked in my direction, causing me to blush.

"Everything alright now?" The waiter smiled widely, reaching to place a hand on my shoulder.

Niall, who had been previously distracted with drinking the rest of his drink, choose to look over at that moment and a glare crossed his face. He stared at the waiter's hand then moved his gaze up to the waiter's face. He seemed to notice Niall's look and quickly removed his hand. Niall scooted closer to me and Louis smirked at me again.

"I'll just leave your check then," the waiter placed the slip of paper on the table and disappeared.

Louis reached for it and frowned at the bill.

"Give," I said reaching for it.

"You haven't got enough money for it."

"I've got savings and such it's fine," I shrugged.

"You just lost your job."

"I quit there's a difference."

Louis looked at me skeptically at first as I continued to reach for it.

"You sure?"

"Completely."

Louis reluctantly handed over the bill and I pulled out my credit card. Niall stayed tucked into my side when the waiter came back and offered a flirtatious smile as he took my card to pay for dinner. Louis and I chatted until I was brought back my card and we decided to leave. We said goodbye to Louis and began walking to my car.

"Um, Li?"

"Yeah?" I turned to find him looking around the parking lot.

"Kyle didn't wait for me," he offered a sorry smile. "You mind?"

"Of course not. C'mon."

Niall had already climbed into the passenger seat, making Louis sit in the back. I turned up the radio and Louis' favorite song came on the radio.

"Liam! Turn it up, turn it up!" Louis exclaim shaking my seat.

"Okay, okay," I laughed as I reached for the dial. "Calm yourself."

Louis began to sing loudly and off key as we drove home. I laughed at the silliness of my best friend but Niall seemed a little distracted. When we reached his flat, Louis stumbled out of the car causing him to laugh a little more.