Chapter 11

[Liam's P.O.V.]

It wasn't long until Niall was stumbling into the front room and flopping down on to the couch. I raised an eyebrow at him as he scooted closer to me. He pushed my laptop a tad and looked up at me with puppy eyes. I pretended to ignore him as I continued to type causing him to let out a mildly frustrated whine. I tried not to smile but the corners of my lips twitched up a tad. He reached up to poke my cheek and I continued typing.

"Liam," Niall whined.

"Yes, Niall?"

"Pay attention to me."

"I'm typing."

"Pay attention to me," he continued to poke my cheek until I looked at him.

"Can I help you, sir?"

"F-film?"

"Want to watch a film?"

Niall nodded and shoved at the laptop again causing me to laugh at his persistence. I saved my document and shut my laptop, moving it to the side table so Niall could lay his head in my lap. He let out a sigh of content and smiled. He grabbed my hand to put it on his head and snuggle into it. I scratched at his ears and he made a content noise. I scratched at his ears for a while longer and he kept pushing his head into my hand when I would stop petting him.

"I thought you wanted to watch a film?" I smirked as I stopped moving my hand, causing him to emit a small whine.

"Want you to pet ears more," he pouted looking up at me with a sad look.

"Let's go pick a show," I soothed as I pushed his hair away form his eyes. "I'll pet you while we watch the film, deal?"

Niall made a sound of disapproval but stood up regardless, pulling me up with him. I lead him to the shelf full of films and let him pick out one. He scanned the various cases with side eyes and reached up to point at one, "What is that one?"

"Toy Story? That's my favourite."

"Want to watch!" Niall exclaimed with an excited smile.

I pulled it off the shelf and set everything up to watch the movie. Niall was patiently sitting on the couch, waiting for me to finish and sit down. I plopped down on the couch and Niall immediately snuggled up to my side. He nuzzled my hand with his head as the movie started and I scratched between his ears. Niall quietly watched the movie, occasionally murmuring the characters names as though he was trying to remember them. 

"Like Sl-Slinky," Niall nodded about halfway through the movie.

"My favourite is Woody. He's a cowboy."

"Sl-Slinky is a dog. Like me!" Niall smiled.

"Are you stretchy like Slinky? Let's see," I reached for his tummy and he began giggling loudly.

"No! Li-Liam!" Niall giggled out. "Stop! Pl-please!"

"I just wanted to see if you were stretchy like Slinky is," I pretended to pout as I stopped tickling him.

Niall reached up to pat at my face and poked at my bottom lip that was stuck out due to the false pout, "Do not be sad! Am not st-rech-ie like Sl-Slinky!"

"If you say so," I smiled. 

"Not sad," Niall returned my smile before leaning forward to touch his forehead to mine. "Want to... Want to kiss you."

"You don't have to ask. You can just do-" 

My words were interrupted by Niall pressing his lips to mine in a short kiss. He pulled back with a shy look on his face and smiled sheepishly. I smiled back and reached up to place my hand on his cheek. He leaned into my touch and rubbed his face against my hand, causing me to chuckle.