Chapter 7

[Liam's P.O.V.]

My alarm rang loudly and I groaned at it before shutting it off. I stretched and I heard a small groan from the side of me as I felt a warmth snuggle into my side. A smile pushed it's way onto my face as I wrapped an arm around Niall. He mumbled something and I couldn't understand him.

"What was that, Nialler?" I asked, using one of the nicknames I had made for him.

"Do not go. Stay home with me," he mumbled.

"I have to go to work."

"I like when you are home," heat rose into his cheeks.

"You like it when I'm home?"

"Yes. Like my Liam."

"Your Liam, huh?"

"Yes," he nuzzled more into my side.

I smiled at the boy's comments and he held tighter on to my person. I ran my fingers through his soft blonde hair and gently scratched behind his ears. He hummed a little in pleasure and relaxed against me.

"Niall, I've got to go to work," I mumured against his head.

"Noooo," he whined.

"I'm off tomorrow."

"Be off today."

"I can't."

"Yes."

I sighed as I laughed and patted the boy next to me. Niall sighed and detached himself from me to roll on the other side of the bed in a pout. I got up and went to the restroom. When I was finished relieving myself, I took a quick shower. When I was finished, I went back to the room to find Niall was no longer occupying the bed. I quickly changed and walked into the front room to find the boy pouting as he stared at the telly. I sat down next to him and he scooted away from me.

"Aw, Niall. C'mon. You know why I have to leave."

"I do not like when you are gone," he mumbled as a blush rose into his cheeks.

"I don't like going to work either but I'll be home for lunch."

He sighed before light grabbing a hold of my blazer and pleading his next question.

"Take me with you?"

I opened my mouth to answer him but then a smile stretched across my face. Maybe I could take Niall and pawn him off as an intern if anybody asked why there was a random kid sitting in my office. I looked up to the pleading eyes of the dog boy that had stole my heart.

"We'll have to wrap your tail," I warned.

His eyes lit up and he excitedly proclaimed, "okay! Get to go to work with you?"

"Yupp. You'll have to borrow some nice clothes," I smiled.

"My ears," Niall pointed out, his expression falling.

"Hmm," I hummed, thinking.

Maybe I could play him off as a kid who's interested in journalism and he could wear one of my ball caps. I quickly stood and offered him my hand. He gripped it and he lead me to the bedroom. He sat on the bed as I picked out his outfit. I pulled out some nice jeans and a plain t-shirt. I pulled out of my hats and handed them to Niall. He set them on the bed so that I  could help him wrap his tail after I had found the ACE wrap and he whined the whole time. I repeatedly apologized because I had no idea how the boy felt. I didn't exactly have a tail to sympathize with him. He went to change his clothes and I went to go find us some breakfast. Within the next 10 minutes, Niall was changed, feed, and we were on our way to my work.