Chapter 20

[Liam's P.O.V.]

It took Niall a few more days of sniffles and coughs to get over his cold. Despite the fact of always being cuddly, he was even more when he was sick. Not that I ever minded, I loved snuggling with the hybrid boy. The mornings was when he was the most cuddly, like when he would wake up and he had accidently rolled away from me in his sleep. I'd always wake up to warm legs wrapping themselves around mine and Niall snuggling his face against my neck. He'd be back to sleep with seconds but I would have to fall back to sleep to the soft sound of his snores. However this morning, I woke up to the shrill sound of my phone ringing. I reached for my phone and answered it without looking at the caller I.D.

"Hello?" I croaked out.

"Liam, did I wake you?" A famiiar voice dating back to my childhood asked though the phone.

"No, no," I mumbled rubbing a hand over my face. "I was just um..."

"Sleeping," she laughed.

"Something like that," I responded with a slight laugh.

I quickly rolled out of bed to avoid waking up Niall but the small groan from the pile of covers clinging to me, told me that he was already awake. He looked up to me with confused and sleep filled eyes, to which I silently told him to him to go back to bed as I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

"How have you been, my dear?"

"I've been good. How are you? How are the girls?"

"I've been good. The girls are good too. Keeping me on my toes."

"I bet," I laughed. "Not to be rude, but why are you calling me? Louis is your son, after all."

"Liam, you know you're just as much of my son as he is."

My heart filled with warmth as I smiled, "I know, Jay."

"Good. But in all honesty, my actual son is not answering his phone and I know he has today off."

"Hence why you called the best friend that he moved to London with."

"Exactly. Have you any idea where he is?"

"He's probably sleeping. He does love his sleep," I responded, causing her to laugh as I heard a knock on my door.

"You're probably right."

"He probably just lost his phone charger and was too lazy to find it," I reached to open the door to reveal Louis. "Or he's standing at my front door?"

"Is that my mother?" Louis groaned.

"Tell him to answer his phone when I call him!" Jay scolded.

Louis took the phone from me and proceeded to talk to his mother, "Mum! I am a grown man. Stop calling to check up on me!"

"I will check up on my baby if I want to. And you are not a grown man. Who buys your groceries?" I heard her vaguely ask.

"Well, Liam does. But that's not the point, Mum!"

They continued to bicker like that as I went to see what Niall was doing. As I looked into the room, I heard snores and saw a large pile of blanket that he must be under. I smiled before returning back to the front door to find Louis staring a bit confused at the phone he held in his hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I think I'm going home for the day," he almost asked.

"You think?"

"Mum told me that I was coming home because I was off tomorrow."

"That sounds like your mum.."

"Would you and Niall want to come with me? You know the girls miss you too."