Chapter 10

[Liam's P.O.V.]

Niall tasted like pancakes and his lips were the softest I had ever felt. I leaned back from Niall's unresponsive lips and he was staring at me confused. Realization of what I just did and I jerked away from him.

"Shit," I muttered. "Shit, shit, shit."

"Sh-it," Niall said with a nod.

"Don't repeat that word," I scolded.

"No sh-it?"

"No. It's a bad word."

"But you say bad word?"

"No, I just," I sighed loudly as I ran a hand through my hair.

Niall tilted his head to the side, as he always did when he got confused. I shook my head as I saw Niall trace over his lips with his fingers. I closed my eyes and almost regretted that I kissed him. But at the same time, I didn't. As I was beginning to get lost in my own thoughts, I felt a soft weight to my lips. I opened my eyes to find Niall pulling back as a blush covered his cheeks. A smile forced it's way onto my face and Niall returned it.

"Like that," Niall nodded. "Like very much."

"It's called kissing, Ni," I began to explain. "It's how you show someone you like them."

"Oh," he said thoughtfully. "Do not kiss Louis. Friend means like?"

"Of course! I love Louis. He's my best mate but I like him in a different way that I like you."

"Different?"

"It's hard to explain," I said as I picked up our plates and began to wash them.

Silence flowed through us for a few moments and when I finished washing the dishes, Niall was still standing there as though he was deep in thought. I ruffled his hair as I walked past him to walk to the front room. I sat down and went to go turn on the telly but I felt Niall press up against my side and pat my cheek. I looked down at him and he smiled a little.

"Ex-pla-ain."

"Explain what?"

"Explain, friend like and different like."

I let out a sigh, "Liking your friend is just being happy when they're around. But the way that I like you is more than that."

Niall nodded as though he understood but he still seemed a little confused, "Different like?"

"Yeah, it's a different like. Like I smile when I see you doing something cute and I like when you cuddle with me and I like the fact that you've got kind of an Irish accent and-"

"Accent?"

"Yeah, like you know how on the telly some people talk differently? Louis and I have English accents but you sound like you're developing and Irish one. I'm not sure how if I'm the one teaching you how to talk though."

"Irish accent is good?"

"Yeah, it's cute."

"Cute," Niall nodded.

"Yes. Cute, adorable, sweet," I said as I pressed a kiss to his forehead.

He let out a small sigh of content as a blush flooded into his pale cheeks.

"Think that I get."

"Do you?"

"Yes. Different like you too."

My heart swelled with adoration for the boy as he snuggled more into my side. I reached up one of my hands to run it through his hand. He closed his eyes and laid his head in my lap. I continued to card my fingers through his hair as he fell asleep again. I swear all the boy did was sleep and eat. His soft snores put me almost at ease as it dawned on me that I realized I had just told Niall my feelings for him and he didn't freak out. I looked down at him and his ear twitched in his sleep. I touched his ear and they were as softer than they were the first night due to the fact that he now showered daily. I found myself incredibly grateful that Louis made me go out that night. If he didn't, I probably would have been too cowardly to go outside and if I hadn't, I wouldn't have found the supposed myth that was laying across my lap at the moment.