Chapter 35: Touch

Grayson's POV:

The paramedics rescued her limp body from my arms and started to perform the routine diagnosis check as i stood by anxiously. All of a sudden Hayes shoved me aside.

"Is she okay? I have no idea what happened, but, I need to go with." Hayes stated to the paramedics.

Wow. Un-fucking-believable.

"There is no way in hell you are going near her." I argued.

"There is no way in hell you think you mean anything to her anymore, I thought she made it clear."

"The nerve you have is unbelievable. If you want me to beat you up again, and make a bitch out of you keep pushing it, you're doing great", i retorted sarcastically. 

"Okay, is there a Mr. Grayson Dolan at this party or around the local area by any chance, he is listed as her medical emergency contact?" The paramedic interrupted.

"Uh, yeah that's me."

"We will have to ask you to travel with,"

"Of course,"

They directed me to the back of the van, and with the flick of a switch the sirens began and we sped through the city.I kept my eyes glued to her. I was rattled and everything around me felt cold, harsh, and that around any corner could be another life ruining moment. I can't believe she just let me go, but i couldn't be mad at her.

As I watched her I noticed all the little things I fell in love with, the way her hair fell, the way her chest rises and falls with each shallow breath, the contours of her face, and all the curves and edges I will always appreciate. Even if I never see her again, they are images printed in my mind for my short eternity. I felt my heart clench, and a lump in my throat. I miss her so much. 

We reached the hospital and got guided to a private room overlooking the city, while they hooked her up to all these machines i ran to the gift shop and got her a dozen red roses, and a huge teddy bear with a card. I got back expecting the best, but she lay motionless. 

Four hours had passed, four hours of me watching over her. My elbows were rested next to her body, craving her touch, I threaded my hand through her own, and pressed my lips to her forehead. Suddenly, i felt her lifeless hand squeeze mine. I sighed with relief and placed my head on the bed feeling happy. But soon i began to overthink, remembering that she didn't want me, she just wanted me to leave.

All i ever wanted was to make her happy, so I fulfilled her wishes. I got up and left, signing the card and placing it on the bed next to her. I started my journey back to Jersey. 

Izzy's POV:

Darkness. All I felt, all I could taste, all that was visible. Darkness.

I could hear though, the sound was dull. Faint voices of panic, and sounds of movement, and sirens.I heard traffic, cars moving super fast. I felt like i was in a never ending horror movie. It was so frustrating, trying to scream and jolt my body so someone could hear me, but nothing i did worked.

But through the frigid atmosphere, and darkness, i felt a sense of safety, as if someone was watching over me.

Suddenly I gained feeling through my body, sparked by the electricity of a light touch. I felt a palm press against mine, and fingers thread through my own. The feeling was comforting, warm, and loving and i felt a familiar set of lips press against my forehead. I knew who exactly who it was, and I was so grateful for his presence. I used all my energy, might, and power and managed to gently squeeze his hand. I embraced the innocent gesture, which ended abruptly. I was soon engulfed in darkness once again.