~Interlude: the first kiss~

~-~ two years ago.~-~

I trailed behind him as we ventured further back stage. My naïve 15 year old brain actually believing that there was a backpack to be found here. But, going from the way it was beating against my rib cage, my heart knew there was something more to this.

He halted abruptly, causing me to trip over a cable wire and slam into his back. He turned and I met his grey eyes with an apologetic smile, "I totally didn't see that."

Vince didn't answer, he just looked at me.
I realized what he was going for a second too late and a second too quick. He took two steps forward, hands reaching out to grip my waist, and brought his lips down towards mine. I flinched before they could reach their destination.

We broke apart. The slam-banging of my heart had gotten so loud that I was sure it was audible.
He turned his head to the side, letting out a quiet huff. Stupid, stupid girl. A minute passed. And then another.

Finally, I swallowed and broke the silence, "I'm sorry, I didn't think that-" His eyes danced over my lips as I talked and my breath caught in my throat. In the moments that followed I was certainly not me. Maybe I'd been possessed by the phantom of the high school auditorium. Or maybe it was something far more dangerous.

Because the real Claire Heathrow would never close the gap that lay between the two of us.

She would never stand inches away from him or run her hands through his hair.

And she would never, ever have the guts to press her lips against his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Soo what was your first kiss like?
Don't forget to
Vote, comment and Share <3