p r o l o g u e

Songs:

Strange Love ~ Halsey
Rebound ~ Flosstradamus ft. Elkka (Twice As Nice Remix)
Hands to Myself ~ Selena Gomez

.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

"As I have known you I've come to an important conclusion that you, Connor Franta, are void of a very normal and a very human emotion commonly called love. Whether this is good or bad, I will never know, but I do know that going so long without ever experiencing real love, whether platonic or romantic, it has made you into the person you are today.

Now something I learned when I was younger was, the world isn't black and white. I used to think that at times, the world would be white upon white and that would signal the good times in life. And during all the other times, the world would be black on black- the pure combination of all negativity and bad in the world. And something I learned not long ago, is that the world isn't black on black and the world isn't white on white.

It's actually full of color, spanning from the deepest oranges to the brightest purples to the most green of greens and most vivid of blues. I learned this and I wanted to share it with you because I don't know if you will ever get over this or get over your past. It won't be easy, not by a longshot. But I think it would be better if you had loving people to help you along the way..."

Nearly six months later and I still don't know what that means. 

Leave this black on black world, never knew white on white could hurt this good?

Whatever it was, the concept beats me.

It's been nearly six months since I came back from the mental hospital. Since I was betrayed by JC. Since I got a call from Grace telling me the news that Ricky had committed suicide after being beat brutally by the Furious Five. He had driven a 4 ton truck off a cliff.

I still hadn't heard anything about Lilly. I really hoped she was okay.

Life at Appleton High had been wild to say the least.

High school really is crazy. From pep rallys to the SATs to soccer games to college applications to senior prom, every event seems to be more significant than the last.

Prom was in two weeks and it was all anyone was talking about. Bigger than Homecoming. Bigger than Winter Ball. And Winter Ball had been big.

"Con! Wait uppp!"

I turned around to find Tyler pushing his way past students in the crowded hallway and barreled into me with one of his signature bear hugs.

"Oof! Tyler watch where your going!"

"Sorry Connie, there's just-huff- so many people.."

"Yeah ok just watch the arm."

His blue green eyes looked down from my face to my arm that was still scarred from last week when Troye had tried teaching me how to penny board. I had failed miserably.

He chuckled remembering the incident.

"Shut up Oakley."

"Sure thing Fanta Fizzz.."

"STOP USING THAT OH MY GOD!"

Tyler couldn't contain his cackling and I unfortunately let out a laugh as well.

"Let's just go."

Tyler agreed and the (now blonde) boy took my arm.

Ever since New Years, the gang had been hanging out at my lakehouse every Friday. The lakehouse was a little building that branched off of Colleen and Josh's estate. It had previously been a shed used to cut wood but we had fixed it up to be the ultimate homebase of a group of people that I was now happy to call my friends- Tyler, Zoe, Caspar, Alfie, Korey, Blessing, and of course Troye.