s e v e n t e e n

// quick authors note! 1) Can we just talk about the Wild music video???! Yup it's fucking fantastic and I'm so in love with the whole aesthetic as well as Troye's and Alessia's vocals together ahsjsn

2) Okay so while this sequel begins to conclude, I've begun to post the previews of the next line of stories. Their all up on my page and the full update schedule is in my bio. Just thought you should know! Okay back to white on white-enjoy!!

~~~

Mikey's bike began it's descent on the second hill to Jenna's house and the spokes began to track in the mud left over from last night's rain. I sighed as I considered telling him about my trip but decided against it as I imagined the response he'd give.

It was nearly 8:30 by now and Alexis would be the only one up. Jenna works late so usually she sleeps in and Mikey- well Mikey is just a lazy ass.

As my shoes wiped away the mud that would otherwise be tracked in on the welcome mat, I heard Alexis shout to me.

"Connor! Is that you?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there."

As I took off my coat, I realized I'd need an excuse for being out so early. I quickly settled on one and padded into the kitchen where the smell of burnt bacon and eggs was overwhelming.

"Woah, you okay?"

I was shocked to see smoke beginning to rise from the burning breakfast food and Alexis's apron was dirty with half broken eggshells and brown sugar which also coated her hands. She looked at me apologetically and smiled.

"I tried cooking breakfast for everyone..but..like I'm not that good of a cook."

Chuckling at her attempt to make simple food, she glared towards me jokingly.

"It's not funny!!"

"Hey, hey, let's just go pick up some McDonald's or Starbucks or something before everyone wakes up."

She sighed in relief and turned off the stove before the burners could explode and I helped her out of the excuse for an apron.

Alexis was turning 16 in a month and her newly acquired license was fit to excite a girl like her so I let her lead me to the car she shared with Mikey.

"Let's go!"

I hopped into the passenger seat and she slipped into the driver's side which was covered in a hot pink faux fur throw.

Starting the ignition, she turned the rearview mirror to face her, and I jumped when I saw a huge spider sitting on the top.

"Ewww...that dumbfuck Tyde forgot to take his collection back."

"Collection..?"

"Yeah, he collects dead insects and stuffs them so they look real. It's kinda sickening. But apparently they're great pranks."

I turned away and looked to the window as the car rolled out of the driveway.

"Yeah..sickening."

The car continued down the gravel and turned into a road that was positioned near the edge of the town. My mind wandered away from the car in which we sat in and towards the events of the last few days. Everything from the party to sneaking out the window with Troye and visiting my old friends seemed like some warped dream.