t w e l v e

Arriving back at the Marble's household was both a shock and well expected.

First of all, it's not just any day when you find streamers and multiple new light fixtures hanging around the entrance and probably even more in the backyard as that's where I assumed the party would be. Second of all, there's not going to be over 200 people walking around the house randomly unless this is some joke of a potluck. Because a) football isn't in season and b) I'm not an idiot, I knew this was some sort of surprise party.

Why a surprise? Well not only did nobody tell me or Troye (who arrived around the same time I did by taking his car and assuming by the look on his face and the tinfoil trays in his hand, he was probably sent here by his mom) but as we both stepped inside, the room erupted in shouts and cheers as if we were the gay equivalent to Rihanna and Drake.

Both of us stood stiff and I could swear he could've fainted if Caspar hadn't run over to take the trays from Troye and captured him in a tight hug. He couldn't leave without squeezing me to death, oh no.

"Aye mates!"

Introductions as his followed, some welcomed and some weren't but all the more merrier.

"Tro! Con!"

The party had been moved more to the backyard and somehow I found myself standing on the porch as I was greeted by the rest of our friends- first Tyler and Blessing followed by Zoe and Alfie, even Alexis and Andrea dropping by for a visit.

In one corner I was surprised to see Grace, Hannah, Shane, Ms. Mamrie, Dan and Phil all talking like good friends. I told myself I would go say hi later.

All in all, the party was both pleasant and crazy. I felt weird standing among so many people I knew and so many people I didn't, it was a strange contradiction I was growing quite fond of. Might I have the pleasure of calling them...family? I guess I could.

I found Jenna near the hot tub talking with what I assumed was an old colleague but she looked to me anyway.

"Enjoying the party?"

She looked radiant with her purple hair pulled into a simple but elegant updo and a flouncy sundress that made her look years younger.

"Yes, thank you so much Jenna it seriously takes a lot to do this."

"Well everyone pitched in, right Julien?"

She introduced me to her, excuse me, boyfriend of ten months who seemed really nice and full of jokes- a perfect match for Jenna. They both seemed happily in love and I couldn't do anything but be happy for them.

I made my way to where Mikey, Alexis and Tyde were hanging around two girls who seemed to be clinging to each other as was another being clingy to Mikey.

"Hey Connie!"

Alexis came in for a hug and I smiled at her and Mikey.

"This is Amy and Amanda! They're both..uh..they're both gaylikeme!"

Despite her slurring the words, I caught onto what the flushed girl was saying and nonetheless pulled her into a brotherly hug.

"That's great Al."

She beamed up at me through her brown hair and I felt myself smiling back. Mikey cleared his throat and I turned to where he stood with his slightly muscular arm around a girl with long brown hair. She was very pretty and I found myself caught up when I realized she was the girl with him that Ben had pointed out in the lunchroom.