o n e

Songs:

Talk Me Down ~ Troye Sivan

Art Deco ~ Lana Del Ray

Renegades ~ X Ambassadors

.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.//.

I lay on one of the many mattresses that was strewn on the floor of the lakehouse. Rubbing my hands together, I attempted to warm up my freezing body. Everyone was asleep except for Tyler, Zoe, Troye and I. One of many foreign movies projected onto the sheet in the corner of the room playing softly as subtitles rolled along with the voices of two boys currently about to engage in one of the cheesiest love scenes I have seen.

"Pst!" I turned my head to the voice that had come from the clump of bodies that lay near one side of the room. My eyes searched and found Zoe's doe-eyed face peeking out from the top of the mountain of pillows. Before I could register anything else, her little body was scurrying out from Alfie's arm that had been draped around her. She began teetering over to me in the darkness before falling onto my body.

"Zoe!" I whisper-shouted.

She giggled quietly and rolled over so she was facing me instead.

I was almost jealous of how effortlessly beautiful she looked with only the dim light of the movie and the moonlight that sent soft beams of blue through the windows.

"Why did you come over here?"

She smirked and began whispering back to me.

"Tyler is near the fireplace talking to Troye so I thought I would come over here and talk to you!"

"Haha great reason to pounce on me."I rolled my eyes as I said it.

She just giggled and put a finger to my lips.

"I actually came here to talk to you about something else."

"Oh?"

My suspicion was confirmed when she suddenly looked around her shoulder guiltily as is she was about to tell me a big secret.

"I'm not allowed to say much."

"Zoe! You can't just come over and tell me 'oh I have this big secret to tell you' and then not tell me."

She shrugged and casted her eyes downward.

"Zoe. Tell meee."

She rolled her eyes at my teasing voice that I rarely used knowing how important it was to tell me.

"Well Connor, you've been busy catching up on school these past few months and it has occurred to me you haven't had a boyfriend your entire time here! Now that you have only a few months of school left, and prom very quickly approaching, me and Ty want you to have a little, well, fun."

"Zoe. We have been over this."

"Stop! Before you go any further realize what your saying! It's your senior year and you don't want to have a little fun?"