n i n e

There was a tapping sound on my window.

Sunday morning, 4:28am.

Mikey was a pretty heavy sleeper so it didn't surprise me that I was the one who heard it. I looked up to the top bunk anyway but was relieved to hear him snoring.

Tap, tap.

I looked toward the window again and saw the moonlight reflecting off my face as I approached the large bay window that overlooked the backyard.

Sliding the glass pane open, I looked downward to see a wild Tyler hanging onto the vines that ran up the house like veins.

"Tyler?? What the fuck are you doing here!?" I whisper shouted still fearing someone could hear me.

He smirked and only stopped himself from laughing when I heard an angry girl's shout come from below him telling him to hurry. Zoe.

My mouth hung open as Tyler began to explain.

"You've been gone for four months, how couldn't you expect us to show up?"

"I mean, what are you guys doing here? It's literally four am."

He rolled his eyes and teetered on the vine which could possibly snap any second.

"Taking you out. Duh. Now hurry up. Wear comfortable shoes."

And just like that he was climbing back down the vine. I chuckled and hurried to the closet and changed my sweats into light grey jeans and threw a warm jean jacket over my white tee shirt. By "comfortable shoes" I thought sneakers so of course I chose my converse. Fixing my hair, I stuck my phone in my pocket in case anyone woke up and began climbing down the vine.

Somehow, I began to understand why teens were so eager to sneak out. The thrill of climbing out of your bedroom window was so unique.

"You take so loooonnngggg."

Tyler giggled as I finally reached the bottom but once my feet touched the grass, he engulfed me in a hug. I accepted the tight embrace and appreciated him as my friend for probably the first and last time. I rolled my eyes as his hands fell closer to my ass. This boy.

Zoe looked tired but nonetheless happy to see me and I hugged her too. I was surprised to see her makeup so perfect at such an early hour. Both were dressed in all black for a reason I had yet to find out.

Zoe waved us off and Tyler and I followed her through my backyard and hopping over the low wooden fence- we were jogging towards the woods. Were they off to kill me?

Probably not, knowing Zoe and Tyler.

"Hey Ty," he turned to me, already gasping for air by simply jogging, "how did you know where I lived, or what room I was in?"

He smirked but revealed a look of guilty at the same time.

"Mikey was pretty open about it with Luke so we just asked him."

I nodded and we continued running through thick trees and green bushes.

"Zoe!"

Tyler was heaving as he stopped running and bent on his knees to catch some air. His head shook a few times before he started to loose his balance. I rushed forward but Zoe beat me to it.