e l e v e n

It wasn't long before we finished our tacos and I was left thinking about this new revelation with Troye. It was such a new feeling to want someone as more than an acquaintance or friend. But this was going to be a time of change for me and if that means accepting these foreign feelings, I won't run away anymore.

"Hey let's get desert it's on me!"

We stood from the bench which was now littered with sparse pieces of lettuce and meat but both Troye and I threw away our wrappers before walking toward the desert carts. One was simple with fresh popcorn and soft pretzels while another was stocked with doughnuts, cupcakes and cookies. One was all ice cream despite the cold weather but the last caught my attention as it was selling hot chocolate and...churros. I didn't make any hesitation to head toward the stand which was selling my favorite childhood treat.

"Churros Connor? Really?"

"What?," I looked back to see the boy contemplating the sign that was hanging above the cart, "have you never had them before?"

"No it's just...I didn't expect you to like them."

"Well you learn something new everyday."

He laughed and shook his head in disbelief but followed me to where the man stood behind the cart.

"What can I get you too boys?"

Briefly observing the menu, I ordered a cinnamon sugar churro and Troye thankfully was ecstatic when he ordered the Nutella filled churro.

"Nutella Troye? Really?" I mimicked him.

"It's fucking good trust me."

It was my turn to laugh and before we knew it, the nice man gave us our foot long churros and I handed the man a five dollar bill.

"Keep the change."

He smiled gratefully and winked back at me.

"Tell your boyfriend he is a lucky man."

I felt my face going crimson and luckily Troye was just out of earshot to hear him.

Turning to Troye who was standing a little further toward the curb, I saw him savoring the taste of the Nutella dripping down the treat. What a dork.

"Hungry much?"

His eyes peeked over his churro with a dark stare towards me.

"Always."

xx

We were only halfway through our churros and Troye and I already had sugar all over our faces. Troye had told a story about sharing a churro with Tyde and his sister Sage and how a seagull had caused Tyde to leap ten feet in the air trying to catch it but landing in the ocean instead making me burst into uncontrollable laughter I didn't think still existed in me.

"He..He was fully c-clothed and he..fell into the..the water?"

"Ye-ah and he started..he stated cry-crying!"

Troye and I were in laughing fits and seeing each other only made us laugh harder. My hand unconsciously gripped his arm and I felt myself falling into his chest as the laughter started wavering.