s e v e n

I'm changing this a little, hope you don't mind. I've been gone for awhile so my form of mind is all out of sorts
•••

It wasn't a surprise to finally take my first steps outside the room I had been housed in for months and to see my own peers causing me a minor anxiety attack. Not to fear, it's nothing I haven't dealt with already.

"Connor!"

Turning around, clad in my own yellow Stussy sweatshirt and light wash jeans with black converse, I saw Hannah. Oh how I didn't expect to see her blond bob and beaming smile again, nonetheless the embrace she hit me with once her stride had caught up to mine.

"Wow I just can't believe you've healed as much as you have, and quickly too!" I chuckled at her excitement.

"It wasn't that fast Hannah. Four months is longer than most recoveries for my type of injuries."

She looked down at her feet but glanced up with a reformed smile.

"True but you also had a lot of mental barriers to overcome and even if it took longer, I know you're going to be in a better place."

I smiled at her and looked up at all the patients walking the halls, knowing that their journeys would end as well- in time anything could be fixed and although I felt incredibly naive saying it I knew it was right.

Now was not the time to reflect, however, and there were unsolved problems to finish before I could ever settle in.

Thanking Hannah for her kindness and courtesy, I made my way down the hall. It smelt of windex and the walls were overbearingly white. I need to escape it.

The neon signs above the doorways pointed me in the right direction to the lobby which was almost empty of anyone except the large wooden desk with a perky receptionist and a few lowly stragglers sitting in the waiting room chairs.

"Connor Franta?"

I hoisted the duffle bag which held all of my belongings higher onto my shoulder and followed the voice to the desk where the receptionist was smiling at me.

"My, have you made progress since your admittance, it looks like today is your day to use the get out of jail free card!"

I smiled at her attempt at a joke and she flashed her own pearly whites, her brunette bun bouncing atop her head. Her hot pink acrylics tapped away on her computer until she found my file. The printer lit up and out came several sheets of white paper. She rolled her chair over to retrieve the documents and handed them to me.

"On here there is a copy of your hospital ID as well as a log of your progress that was filled out by the lovely Dr. Baran and below is information about your needed medication and the closest pharmacies you can pick it up at. Once you call the one that is your preference, they'll get your supply ready and you can just go pick it up." I nodded at her well worded instructions and for once I didn't plan on overdosing or forgetting the prescription altogether.

"Oh and there's an address of the house you'll be staying at, it's the sister of your former caretaker but she's well certified and you'll have both Mikey and Alexis." I smiled with relief that we would still be together. "It'll work for now until you are approved by the state." I nodded understandingly and she smiled back.