Chapter 6

We were walking along the sidewalk when Seth abruptly stops, "Hey, do you mind if we take a quick rest at the park nearby?"

"No, it's fine. Are you feeling alright?"

"Worried about me?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Never mind. Let's go sit down at that bench in front of the fountain then; the one with the plump naked woman sculpture." I pointed. He held in a laugh and nodded.

I felt that the atmosphere got a bit gloomy after we sat down; I turned to face him. He looks very handsome when he's lost in thought.

He rose his eyes to me, "Sorry what?"

"What do you mean by what?" I blurted out.

"You said something. I didn't quite hear you."

Someone please tell me that I did not just say that he looked handsome out loud.

"Nothing...what's on your mind?" Right now I just might be the strangest creature he has ever talked to.

"Well, I used to bring my younger brother here when he was little; last time we came together he was 13, just throwing rocks at the pond back there, like the idiots we were."

"Oh, so how old is he now?" I asked.

"Henry was 14, he died almost two years ago." he said with eyes full of rage.

"I'm very sorry about your loss, I'm no good when it comes to talking about these things, but I'm truly sorry." I fidgeted.

"Thanks, and don't worry it's fine."

I intertwine my fingers facing the ground, "What happened to him?"

"I don't think this is the right moment... but for now, I can only tell you that he was murdered."

I nodded and stood quiet. I was stunned to death. His brother was murdered, he didn't die in an accident, nor he commit suicide. No, he was murdered.

I refrain from asking any more questions; typical ones like, who did it? How? Why?

"I don't want you to feel awkward Andrea... let's change topic alright? Here, let's exchange our numbers, I'll call you tonight." He said hastily.

"Um, Sure. Call me, for what?" I blushed.

He raised an eyebrow, "We need to discuss on ruining Reece. Do you need for me to be dramatic about it?"

"Gosh, you change your attitude so quickly!" We exchanged numbers and went back to walking to my house.

<><><><><><><><><><>

*On the phone with Seth*

Seth: "So don't dress too slutty or they'll eat you alive, got it?"

Me: "Geez I'm not some kind of bimbo you pick on the streets. You don't need to tell me that."

Seth: "I'm just making sure you don't dress that provocative. Let me remind you that you will act like one soon, pretty face."

Me: "Yeah, yeah. When will we do this? I mean, when will 'I' do this? I feel like I'm doing this on my own, Seth."

Seth: "Saturday night. And don't worry, I'll be close to you the entire time."

Me: "Whoa there, I have a party to attend that night."

Seth: "So do I, but we can go afterwards. I don't plan on us taking that long at the backstreet."

Me: "Okay...bye then."