Chapter 13

Picture of Reece above.

~

Okay, I'm gonna say something quick. I'm really sorry if any of you got upset because I stopped updating...for like 4 FREAKING months. There is no excuse in saying that "stuff came up" or "life happened".

I'm still planning on finishing this sucker! Even if it has few votes or reads, because this story has a LOT of ghost readers, lol.

But that won't stop me.

And I appreciate every single one of you who has taken their time reading my story (and this note) and who has endured my writing mistakes and other issues throughout the book.

That's it for now!

I'll just shut up...

* * *

Everything stops. Hell, I think even time also stopped. I am struck when I get to see his face. Of all people, it just had to be this man.

Reece's Father.

I hated him, I hated every single moment he ever laid a hand on Reece. Day and night, he would drink, he would beat his wife and son, but would always forget what he had done later on. Even though Reece defended himself plenty of times, he was never able to persuade his mother on leaving the abusive man; so he moved out. Well, escaped to be exact.

But this isn't about Reece right now, it's about Megan and I's safety. All I can feel towards this man, is fear. I'm the one in danger now.

Yet, I can't remember his name..

He's not holding a gun like he said moments ago. Geez, I guess that helps a little.

His eyes widen, "You. I know you from somewhere. Who the hell are you?!" He yells, swaying around the pocket knife.

I tighten my grip on the bat, "Doesn't matter. I made a question first. Now, why the hell are you in my house?!"

He cocks his head to the side and laughs, "I think I remember about you, you and my bastard son dated some time ago, right?"

I ignore his words, "Answer me, what are you doing here?" I croaked.

"I don't have any time for questions, stupid b*tch!"

"Well, you surely had a lot of f*cking time to break in!" I shout.

"SHUT UP!" He gets irritated to the limit an attempts to stab me. I give his lower arm a blow with the bat when he swings at me, making him drop the weapon and it sliding behind me.