Chapter 9

Video: Take it all away - Red

* * *

My body starts to shake as Reece keeps staring at my direction, "Where is that bastard, Andrea?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say crossing my arms, with a nonexistent confident voice and look at May, who is now laughing her butt off on the floor. Where the hell did Danielle run off to?

"You KNOW what I'm talking about. Where is he?" he growls. I ignore him and attempt to help May stand back up, but she pulls me down with her. Ouch.

Seth frees himself from the crowd and stands beside me with defense mode on. "Nice to see you, little f*cker." he says, grinning at Reece. I hold in my laughter and stand up along with May resting on my shoulder.

More and more people start gathering around the two, expecting for a fight to start. I'm too late to avoid anything from happening when Reece loses his temper and gives Seth a high punch on his left mandible, causing everyone to chant. Seth regains his balance, opts for a pound on Reece's stomach, who after that chooses to shove him into the pool. Some random guys start to help Seth out of there as Rebecca arrives asking what's going on and ranting about what the fuss is all about.

Isn't it obvious b*tch? They're playing with their Barbies.

Reece stomps towards me. I act like he doesn't exist whilst trying to get past him, but he grabs me by the hips and pulls me back facing him.

I turn around, "What do you want?" I hiss.

"Calm down, Andy. We haven't talked about last time, I want to explain.. about everything. Not just about what happened with Kylie, I want you to know about so many things that I have hidden from you all this time." He grabs my hands and cups his over mine.

Not falling for it, not falling for it.

I yank my hands away and stare at the ground blankly, does he deserve another chance? Hell no, he's not asking for it. He just wants me to hear him out.

I see Seth from the corner of my eye coming over. But before he says anything, I'm the one talking, "I'm going to talk to him, it won't take long. I'll join you later." He gives Reece an angry look and storms off.

<><><><><><><><><><>

We sat down on a vintage wooden swing seat that was hanging on a tree not far from Rebecca's patio. I didn't want to be bothered by the loud music, but at the same time I wasn't prepared to be completely alone with him.

Reece tugged his lips into a small smile, "Thank you, and I promise I'll be honest in everything. You are free to ask me anything."

I frowned a little and blinked my eyes rapidly, "This might sound selfish Reece, but I think that what I need just might be closure."

"Don't tell me that, Andy please don't say that. You still love me and you know that." he said, full of despair in his eyes.

I am not going to f*cking cry tonight, I'm stronger than this.

"That's enough. Now let's get this over with." I say a little too quickly.

He sighed, "I'll start off then, well, I dated Kylie because she was fun to be around with, but I was never able to feel anything for her; not the way I felt about you. The same happened with the other girls you found out about when you and I dated. You're different."

I quirked an eyebrow, "The ones I found out about? What about the ones I never knew about, huh?" He just stayed quiet, like the coward he was.

I was about to cry, but then I remembered and it hit me, "Remember the time when you started to take a liking for the new girl at school and took her out to a date? I mean, you two went to the f*cking carnival! The one I begged for you and I to go for about a whole week! And you took a girl you had just met instead of your f*cking girlfriend!"