Chapter 10

"Wake up, the sun is about to rise." he whispers.

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is Seth giving me a warm smile. "Is it morning already?" I ask lazily. "Wait, we slept overnight on the edge of a freakin' bridge?"

"Sure is, and yes we did.. Oh and don't worry I called your brother last night, I told him that you would sleep at a friend's house. Here's your phone."

"Woah woah, he believed you?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't he?" he inquires.

I laugh, "Well you guys just met the other day. I find it hard to believe that he didn't suspect anything."

"The same happened with me and you." I turn around and ignore his comment.

We get in the car and he drops me off home. I open the car door and give him a last glance, "Thank you.. for last night. I feel better to be honest."

Seth gives me a surprised look, "Don't thank me, I'm just glad you're fine." I nod and close the door. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" he adds.

"Of course you will. We have two classes together." I stick out my tongue playfully.

"Yeah I forgot, I don't know what I'm thinking. But hey, I want you to meet my friends. They might help out with the 'Reece' issue." he looks at me expectantly.

"Alright then, I just hope they're not jerks. See you tomorrow then." I wave him goodbye and walk into my house.

As I close the door, I see Joshua pretty pissed at someone on the phone. "Yeah I know, I know. I just wanted to make my own money, but I changed to part-time now." He looks at me and points to an envelope on the counter. I take a quick look at it and remembered that mom and dad had sent us the weekly money, there is some money apart set aside that has a note on it: - prom expenses. I internally squeal that they hadn't forgot that my graduation is next week.

"Dad we're fine, you don't need to worry. And I am not quitting my job, I'm 22 years old remember? I can make my own choices." Joshua walks up to the fridge, grabs a coke and throws it to me. I stupidly catch it. "Yeah, I'll let them know. Goodbye."

"Josh, you know I hate coke.." I glare at him.

He responds with a flashing grin, "Uh-huh, could you open it for me?"

"I feel so used.."

"Hahaha nevermind. Dad said that he and mom are coming back on summer vacation."

"For good?!" I ask.

"Yup."

Wait, that means that they won't make it to my graduation or see me off to prom.

"That's.. that's great!" I say, trying to fake a smile.

I can hear a screeching squeal behind me, Megan runs into the kitchen and jumps up and down excitedly. "Yay! I really miss mommy and daddy, I'm so happy they will be back soon!" My brother grabs the two of us and squeezes the three of us together causing us to laugh in happiness.

If only life was full with rainbows and sunshine all the time..

<><><><><><><><><><>

On Monday I was introduced to two of Seth's friends at lunch period, Franco and Robert. They seemed like really nice guys, Franco being the one flirting with May the whole time. Robert had the flash drive, since he was the 'smart guy' who would investigate deeply the information within it.

Then Saturday came, I was with May and Danielle stopping at every single fashion store our eyes landed on, searching for our prom dresses for next Friday. Danielle was the first one to buy her dress as me and May were still looking for our own. I got frustrated by not finding the perfect dress, then I realized that finding 'the one' wouldn't be possible and ended up buying a black and faint pink one, the top part being black trailed with a small piece of lace and the pink fabric flowing down.