Chapter 11

I made ANOTHER cover! I wasn't very proud of the previous one :c

Don't kill me D:

* * *

Please answer, please do.

"Hello?" Rosette Sun finally answers the phone.

"Mom! I've been calling you and dad for two days! Does his job really make him that busy?"

"W-well dear, he has been busy. How is everyone? How has Joshua been doing at his job?" She answers in an uncomfortable tone, not in her usual cheerful voice.

"But... you only went to accompany dad because of his job being too far away; you couldn't answer one single call? I mean, you should have more free time than him." I point out.

"Now honey, I have been pretty busy myself too." Knowing her, I know she rolled her eyes at me just now.

"With what?" I say, slightly annoyed at her tone.

"Nothing big. Now tell me real quick, why did you call? Are you having teen issues or something? If that's it, you can handle them on your own, dear."

"Mom! Am I interrupting or something? Sounds like you aren't happy about hearing from your daughter in a long time."

"Don't you snap at me Andrea!" she yells.

"I'm not snapping! And don't you yell at me! I called because Josh is missing, but you don't seem to give a shit about us! I've already let the police know, I'll handle this on my own you ignorant and inconsiderate mother!" I hear her gasp and hang up on her.

What's gotten into me? I've never talked to her like that before. But then again, neither has she.

I cover my face with my hands and curse myself for being so rude, sliding on the wall until I reach the floor.

Megan kneels down next to me and hugs me, trying to cheer me up she says, "Don't worry Andy, mommy and daddy will be coming back soon and daddy will find him. Maybe Josh went to marry Sandra and they're making it a surprise for everyone?" She looks at me so sure that everything is alright.

"Oh Meg.. you have always seen the brightest side of how things can turn out to be. I admire you for that, thank you." I say, giving her a soft poke on the nose. She gives me a cute smile and asks for us to go to the Guinness Park, I try to erase my worried expression and prepare a lunch for us.

I enter the garage and see the empty spot where Joshua kept his motorbike, hell, I even miss the damn thing; if he were here he would be wasting an incredible amount of water by just washing it.

I park the car and head towards the swing sets with Megan, we both begin to swing as she starts to hum a melody mom used to sing to her. I stare at the huge tree branches above everytime the swing goes up to the highest and then close my eyes when I come back down.

Josh...where the hell are you?

<><><><><><><><><><>

It's been four days and we still don't know anything about my brother. Dad called and said that he'll come home alone and that he called some investigators to get on Joshua's case. I don't know why mom decided to stay in New Jersey, she went there in the first place because of dad working there but now she wanted to stay a while longer? Why did dad let that happen when their own son is missing?

I let my friends know about the situation, including Seth and his friends. I don't even know if he and I are friends, but we're definitely more than just acquaintances. Thomas calls me after reading my text and tells me I have all of his support.