Chapter Five

*Dan's P.O.V.*

Over the next few days, I realized how similar hospitals and prisons were. You're placed into different categorized sections based on what mental state, and or heath problem you had, you were confined to a room, not able to leave it without permission, there were only a few hours allotted for visitors to see the one they care about before they're told to leave, every patient must wear a uniform- a hospital gown, and they have bracelets and signs outside their rooms for identification purposes.

I winced at the realization, however it did motivate me to get better quicker. Even though I thought of this place as a prison, it did become much better whenever Phil visited me, which was every day, as well as my mum.

My mum has been forcing a smile each time she visits, but her tired, drained eyes give her away. I know she's worried. She's worried about me. I just don't know how to make her feel better.

Hey, Mum, yeah I got beaten to a pulp by eight drunken bastards, but it's fine, really!

I scoffed to myself. She knows I'm hurting too, and that's exactly why she acts strong when she's in front of me, but I feel like she underestimated how well I know her because I know the minute she walks out the door, the tears start and they don't stop until she's visiting me again and forces them to stay in her eyes.

My mum has always been supportive of me, no matter what. She supported the pastels, me being gay, everything without a second thought. She's really my role model. It just genuinely breaks my heart to see her worry. I know if I confront her about it she'll pull the all famous, "I'm your mother- it's my job to worry." But, it's my job to keep her from worrying.

Phil on the other hand doesn't even attempt to hide his emotions, which I'm kind of grateful for. I don't want him to feel like he has to pretend to be strong all the time. Although, I do feel like I've gotten the wind knocked out of me whenever I see him upset. I hate it. Sometimes, I wonder why Phil even considered wanting me. I mean, come on. Out of every person at that bloody school, he chooses me, the boy with the flower crowns that can't stand up for himself.

Well then, I guess the saying, "Opposites attract" is very true in this case.

But, even so, I'd never picture myself with anyone else but Phil. He's perfect in every humanly way possible. And he's mine.

"Knock, knock!" A familiar voice says, leaning against the door frame of my hospital room.

A smile immediately appeared on my face. There he stood, pale undeniably pristine skin, striking blue eyes, wearing that crooked grin he knows I love.

"Hi." I said softly, smiling to myself.

He made his way over to me and flicked his eyes between the chair and the bed.

I patted the space beside me, "Get your ass in here, you spork."

He giggled and obeyed, awkwardly crawling onto the bed and wrapping his arm around me, burying his face in my hair.

I nuzzled my face into his neck and smiled shyly.

"I've missed you." He said and kissed the top of my head.

"I've missed you too, Lion." I said, giving him a squeeze, "How was school?"

He groaned.

"Ehh, school. It's been awful without you. Don't get me wrong, PJ and Chris are great, it's just you're missing." He said gloomily.

"Well, the doctors said I can go home tomorrow as long as the concussion is gone. The said they wanted to keep me one more night just to be sure, but besides that, I'll be free to go. Well, they said I'd probably need to wear a hospital boot, but that should be it." I said and he grinned widely.