Chapter Seventeen

I'm back, babes.

*Dan's P.O.V.*

When I woke up, I found myself engulfed in a cloud of warmth. I snuggled into it further with sleep still dancing around my head. 

"Morning, Love." 

"Mmph," I said and buried my face into Phil's neck. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I tilted my head at first, confused about what he could be referring to, but then it all hits me again like a ton of bricks. I feel my stomach twist and churn as my hands start to shake. 

"Hey, hey, calm down, baby. Lets go into the kitchen and get you something to eat, alright?" He said and scooped me up and carried me into the kitchen.

He sat me on the counter. My hands were still shaking slightly. Everything was coming back to me- the messages, my mum, the fight.

How can family do that to you? I thought family was this happy group of people who always stuck up for you and made you feel safe no matter the circumstance. They're supposed to be your shoulder to cry on. Movies portray 'family' to be hot, steaming dinners together after Dad gets home, and sitting together on the couch while watching cheesy Christmas movies. It's supposed to be warm and smiley where the parents love each other as well as their children. Family is supposed to be fuzzy, warm, and safe. 

So, why does the thought of my family send chills down my spine? Maybe I got a bad hand when it comes to family, but I know I have a separate and albeit stronger family here with me now.

Maybe family doesn't have to be warm and fuzzy. Maybe it could be a six foot tall punk dude that's making you pancakes when you don't feel well.  

"Wanna talk about it?" Phil asked, handing me a cup of tea.

"How can family do that to you?"

"I don't know, Bear. I hate that you're going through all of this. I love you, though and I always will. You're my family and I'm yours."

"I fucking love you, Phil," I said, crying into my sweater sleeves. 

All of my emotions just came out of me. I guess I haven't been able to properly feel it yet. 

"Hey, shh. I love you too, Bear. I'll never hurt you like that, okay?" He said, kissing the top of my head.

"I believe you."

"Whooooo! The Lord is real- I smell some good fucking pancakes in this kitche- Uhh, need a moment, or?" Chris said.

"No, Chris, we're okay." I said.

"You alright, mate?" P.J. asked as he came in, too.

"I guess. I'm just still trying to process all of it. I need to go see my mum in the hospital."

"We can take you." P.J. said.

"We can even stop by the florist and buy her some flowers, if you like?" Phil said, kissing my cheek.

"She'd like that. I'll go change really quick," I said and hopped off the counter.

I put on some white jeans and a lilac jumper with a white flower crown. I looked at myself in the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and my face looked much paler than usual. I padded to the lounge where the others were and we headed off. We called a taxi and stopped at the flower shop where I'm going to be working. Phil and I went inside. The bell sounded and Troye appeared instantly, holding a huge potted plant of some sort.