Chapter Seven

Authors Note: There are mentions of self harm, depression, and death in this chapter. If you are triggered by any of these things, you can message me & I will gladly fill you in :)

*Dan's P.O.V.*

I've been back at school for about two weeks now. I'm pretty much fully recovered except for a little bit of soreness. The leg is perfectly fine as well as my ribs. The medicine definitely helped, but I have to say the best medicine I got was Phil.

Every day he helped me to my class, carried my books, walked me home, once he even tucked me in for bed. And the weird part is, it didn't make me feel weak. Of course I could have done a majority of those things myself, but for some reason, it made me happy knowing that Phil was willing to spend his time helping a poor, crippled boy.

You really can't judge a book by it's cover. If you looked at Phil, you would be extremely intimidated. You would want to either stay away from him or be great friends with him- both for your own good, but really, Phil is just a 6'4 gentle seven year old giant that likes lions, adventure time, and making Delia Smith cupcakes.

Oh, that's another thing. He found my mum's Delia Smith cookbook I got her for Christmas and has been making nearly anything he can for me. And I'm definitely not complaining. It's fricken Delia Smith.

But, Phil is just a teddy bear and he's my teddy bear.

Of course we get confused and even disgusted looks at school when we walk down the halls hand in hand, but we also get looks of admiration and excitement. I like to focus on the nice looks instead of the other ones, but I can't say that about Phil.

Phil is used to attention, but not used to the type of attention he's receiving now. He doesn't like the looks. He doesn't like the snickers. He doesn't like the tension when we walk into school. But, he never drops my hand. He never pulls his arm away from my waist. He never stops kissing my cheek when we go off to class. And for that, I have nothing but respect for him.

When the final bell rang today, I waited by Phil's locker so we could walk home together. I rolled my eyes at the points and laughs and adjusted my flower crown.

Phil finally came around the corner and smiled once he saw me.

"Hey, Bear. Good day?" He asked, kissing my cheek and adjusting one of my curls to tuck it behind my ear and let his hand rest on my cheek, pressing our foreheads together.

I nodded and kissed him quickly. Then, I grabbed his hand and out the door we went.

"Hey, Bear? I was wondering if you would want to maybe come over to my house today? It's Friday and I thought we could order a pizza and watch a movie or two?" He asked, blushing.

He's honestly too innocent and bashful for his own good.

"Of course, Lion. I'll text my mum and let her know." I said, getting into his car and buckling up.

He smiled and started the car and turned on the radio. I recognized the song almost instantly- Bliss by Muse.

I've been listening to Muse a lot more now and I liked this song very much.

I looked out the window and watched the houses as we passed by them.

"Everything about you resonates happiness. Now I won't settle for less." Phil sang and grabbed my hand.

I gave him a tight squeeze and blushed. He really is my personal definition of Bliss. He's everything I want, need, and yearn to be. He's it.

As we pulled into his driveway, I studied his house. It was a rather big house- well, bigger than mine at least. It had large windows and flowers under the sills. The house itself was beige and the door was big and dark brown. We were the only car in the driveway.