Chapter Six

AUTHOR'S NOTE: There are mentions of death, depression, homophobia, and a bit of anxiety in this chapter. I don't want anyone getting triggered, so if you don't want to read this, just message me or comment somewhere on Phil's P.O.V. and I'll tell you what happens without any triggers. c: Stay strong, Loves. Enjoy. ^~^

*Phil's P.O.V.*

School has been so uneventful without Dan, so I'm really glad that he's returning to school today. It's been about three days since Dan returned home, but his mum said that he probably needs a few days to get a bit stronger and prepare to go back. But today is the day he gets to come back, and I'm going to take him.

I still feel a lump in my throat whenever I see him with those bruises and hospital boot. I hate the fact that others can't see how truly miraculous he really is. He really is everything I've ever wanted and more, as cheesy as that may sound. He's different, and kind, and so incredibly patient, and just innocent. I admire that most about him- Even though he's called numerous hurtful things and endured several harsh beatings, he's never lost his innocence. He's never said an unkind word to anyone, and that's the part that makes me sick to my stomach. Dan deserves to be held, hugged, and kissed, not punched, kicked, or shoved.

He's so precious to me. I never thought that I would feel this way. You see, before Dan came along, I completely gave up on dating or liking someone. I thought it was a waste of time because no matter how much I liked someone, they never liked me as much in return. I was always the one getting their heart broken. So, I decided to become the heart breaker. I had enough. I changed my appearance and didn't care about anyone but myself. I was selfish, I was cold, but that's the way I convinced myself I had to be. 

That is until the first time I saw Dan. He was wearing a pink jumper over a white collared button-up with light blue jeans and white converse, and a pink flower crown sat on top of his beautiful curls. But what captivated me was the way he walked. I know that sounds completely idiotic, but let me explain. 

He walked with confidence. He walked with his chin held high. He had what I lacked and I admired how well he flaunted it. The boy was oozing confidence. He never even noticed the points and snickers. He just walked on, not letting anyone bring him down. Even after the beatings, he would never stop wearing his pastels. So, when Dan told me he thought of himself as weak when I helped him in the hallway, it physically hurt. In my eyes, he's the strongest person I've ever met- because he's never compromised what he likes or his interests for the satisfaction of his piers. And that, is why I started admiring him.

I pulled into Dan's driveway and quickly hurried to the door and rang the doorbell. Once the door opened, I smiled automatically. 

There was my little Pastel Prince, confident and handsome as ever staring back at me, returning the smile. 

I looked down and frowned a bit at the boot, but walked over to hug him.

"Hey, Beautiful." I said into his curls, rubbing his back softly.

He giggled into my chest and clumsily leaned up and kissed my cheek. 

"Ready to go?" He asked as he picked up his book sack from the floor. 

I took it from him and slung it over my free shoulder and nodded.

"You really don't have t-"

"Shh. Yes, I do. You're my priority and I'm going to make your first few days back at school as comfortable as possible, so, I am your personal bag holder." I said, sticking my tongue out slightly.