Chapter Nine

Author's Note: I apologize in advance.

*Phil's P.O.V.*

I don't like this attention I've been receiving. Dan and I have been dating for a bit over two months and I love him, but... The attention is becoming too much.

People used to think I was strong, confident, etc, but now, they see me as nothing more than a gay boy with piercings.

I can tell Dan is getting worried, so I have to be strong for him. Nothing can change the way I feel about Dan when I'm in my right mind.

"Hey, Lion." Dan said as he took my hand.

"Hey, Bear." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Fucking gays." A voice in the crowded hallway said.

"Don't listen to them, Phil." Dan said as he rubbed his thumb over my hand.

I nodded and we proceeded to lunch.

I've been sitting with Dan and his friends a lot recently. We've all become pretty great friends.

"Hey, Love birds." Chris said as he sat down across form Dan and I.

"Hey, Chris. Where's Peej?" Dan asked as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"He's finishing up a chemistry test, he'll be here shortly." Chris said as he took a sip of his drink.

"So, Mr. Tough Guy is the talk of the school recently." Chris said and raised his eyebrow at me.

I slumped over and buried my face in my hands.

"So I've heard." I said, the sound muffled by my hands.

I peaked over at Dan who was shaking his head frantically at Chris. Chris then nodded and changed the subject quickly.

"Oh, there's P.J." He said, looking across the room at the curly haired boy.

"Hey, Mates." P.J. said as he sat down and began pulling out his lunch from his bag.

"Hey, P.J." Chris said as he stole P.J.'s banana and began to eat it sexually.

"Don't you have any cooth?" P.J. said, covering his eyes and sighing.

"So, Phil, you're quite the topic around sc-" P.J. started but I cut him off.

I snapped.

"I KNOW BECAUSE I CAME OUT AS GAY I'VE BEEN NOTHING BUT TALKED ABOUT!"

The lunch room fell silent. All eyes were on me, but my eyes were on Dan.

He stood up and grabbed my sleeve and led me to the empty hallway of the school.

"D-Dan, I'm sorry, oka-"

"Hush. Listen to me. I thought that I was the best thing that ever happened to you. You told me that so many times. You told me you loved me and that you would put up with the fucking teasing because I was worth it to you! But now, you're letting these people that don't even matter dictate how you feel about yourself! I can't understand, Phil! I put up with the snickers and the teasing for years! It doesn't bother m-"

"Well it bothers me! Maybe I don't like being called a fag or disgusting or a queer! Maybe I want to be respected like I was!" I yelled back.

"But, I respect you, Phil." Dan said in a weak voice.

"I'm sorry, Bear. I do love you." I said, a tear rolling down my face.