Chapter Thirteen

(A/N: they're totally married. I know that because that's the way I look at food. Carry on.)

*Dan's P.O.V.*

It happened in slow motion. The slaps, the cursing, the shoving, the threatening, the pushing, the yelling. Once my brain finally pieced together what happened, I started hyperventilating. Mr. Lester was shoving me out of the house while Mrs. Lester was threatening sending Phil off to a therapist for treatments. I was shirtless, cold, and screaming at the door.

This is Charlie all over again. I'm going to lose Phil like I lost Charlie.

I began scratching and punching and pounding on the fucking door. I heard the cries of pain and the punching from the other side. All I could do was scream Phil's name.

This is it. This is how I lose him.

No. I refuse to lose him. I ran. I ran to my house and snuck inside. My dad was passed out on the couch, in front of the family safe.

I padded quietly across the room, entering the combination and taking out 3/4 of the money. Then I saw a shadow behind me.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I stood dumbfounded.

"That money is going to be mine. When you finally get shipped off to some fucking boarding school, that money is going to be mine. All mine. Did you really think that I wanted to spend time with you? I just wanted your mum's money. And with you gone, she'd get lonely and need someone to keep her company and maybe, mind the safe."

I ran. I ran out the door, grabbing his car keys from the counter and scrambling into his car, starting it and speeding off to Phil's house.

"I'm coming, Phil. Just hold on."

I finally got there and climbed to his bedroom window. He was sitting in the corner, holding a pillow, staring at my flower crown. He had a black eye, a swollen nose, and a busted lip.

I tapped on the glass and his eyes widened, letting me in quickly.

"Pack your things. We have to hurry. I parked around the corner. I'm not losing you too."

He didn't even respond. He packed his clothes and we climbed out of his room. We sprinted to the car and we began driving to the cliffs.

We sat in the car for a while. I began crying.

"Dan, baby, shh. C'mere, Bear." I crawled into his lap, having to curl into a ball due to the small space, but neither of us minded.

"I-I thought I lost you like I lost-" was all that I could make out before I was choking on sobs.

"Shh, I'm here, Dan. You aren't going to lose me. I'm okay."

"I really fucking love you, Phil." I said, gripping onto his shirt. "I'm going to protect you too. Like how you're going to protect me. I'm here so you don't have to be brave either."

"I love you too, baby." He said, crying too.

"Where do we go from here?" He finally asked after a while.

"There's a barn around the corner. It's pretty old but was always warm. It hasn't been used in forever." I said.

He nodded and we got out of the car and walked towards the barn. He held my hand and I smiled slightly to myself. We got into the barn and looked around. It wasn't dirty at all. There was a small fire pit in the middle of the room and the roof had a small opening. We proceeded to grab some wood off the trees and Phil lit it with his lighter that he carries around. We huddled together by the fire.

"How old were you?" He asked, "When Charlie..." He clarified.

"Just turned fifteen."

"How long have you known you were gay?"

"I used to have crushes on my G.I. Joes. What did your parents say?"

"I'm basically disowned."

"I'll be your family."

"You already were to begin with."

Then we kissed, a lot. The kiss was full of relief, joy, sadness, any emotion led up to that moment was finally released between our lips.

"I love you." He said, kissing my jawline.

My breath hitched. "I love you too."

"Dan?"

"Hm?"

"Have you ever...?"

"No, have you...?"

"No."

"I want you to be my first."

"I want you to be mine too."

And that's what happened. Phil pulled out a condom from his wallet and we lost our virginity to each that night in a barn. It wasn't rough or even slow. It was passionate. And neither of us were ashamed of our bodies. We studied each others' and worshipped them with kisses and marks.

We both stood up, and went to look out the door of the barn, both completely naked, our bodies showered in moonlight.

"You're beautiful." Phil said, studying my body and planting a kiss on my lips.

"You're captivating." I said, tracing his stomach and arms with my finger tips and kissing his chest.

We both looked on into the water. The ripples glistened white in the moonlight. We looked at each other and smiled, knowing what the other was thinking. Then, in unison, we ran into the water, and swam together, naked. We just let go. We let go all of our stress and anxieties and just lived. Phil grabbed my waist and made me straddle him. I wrapped my legs around him, both of us laughing at ourselves.

"We're absolutely crazy, you know that, right?"

I nodded, continuing laughing.

I rested my forehead on his and closed my eyes.

"I know that I'm absolutely crazy about you."

And with that, we kissed, naked, in water, at maybe three a.m., but we didn't care. We were with each other and that's all that mattered.

And that night, I swear we've never held each other so close.

Author's Note:

MY MEMECHILDREN! 6k reads. WHAAAA. That's crazy. That's absolutely crazy. I hope you all enjoyed! Now, before I get lynched for not writing about the cheeky bum secs, let me explain. With this chapter, smut would have ruined the whole build up. Not saying I don't like smut because let's be real here. But I just wanted the chapter to be about how much they care for each other & I felt like smut would have ruined the whole emotionally raw vibe .-. BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED!!!!

Until next time xx c: