{Kija x Fem!reader} Drawings

"Kija, you really suck at drawing." [F/N] [L/N], only at the age of five, says nonchalantly. The poor silver haired boy flinches at her remark.

"Granny says 'suck' is a bad word.." Kija says dejectedly towards his best and childhood friend. [F/N] sticks her tongue out at Kija before plucking the crayon out of his hand.

"You hafta draw a circle for the head. And then arms and legs." She lectures and Kija points at the squiggles he counts as arms.

"But I did! See!" [F/N] wrinkles her nose then takes the drawing away from Kija.

"A-ah! Hey!" He cries out, trying to take the page back but to no avail. [F/N] is unfortunately taller than Kija.

For now.. He thinks.

"That's not a circle, Kija. It's an.. an.." The poor girl tries to think of the right shape their teacher had taught them just earlier today, only to have forgotten.

"An oval?" Kija suggests and [F/N] nods her head rapidly.

"Yeah!" She flips the paper then places the tan crayon onto it, perfectly drawing a circle. She grins proudly and shoves the paper into Kija's face.

"See?" Kija stares at the simple circle with wonder before a determined look flashes across his face and he nods his head. [F/N] hands the paper back and Kija flips it back over to his side. You could obviously tell the difference between the two drawings.

"What were you tryin to draw anyways?" [F/N] questions and Kija blushes considerably. His grip on the paper tightens as it crinkles slightly and he hides his face into the paper.

"Y-y-y-yo-you..." He mumbles, ashamed and embarrassed. [F/N] stares at him blankly for a second before a slight blush colors her face as well. She turns her head to the side.

"If-... If you ever draw me.. and it looks good. Like really, really, really good.. Like a picture! I'll.. I'll marry you.." [F/N] trails off. For a 5 year old, something like this would obviously be forgotten. It would be taken as a joke. But [F/N] is saying this to Kija. So that's an entirely different story.

Kija's eyes light up with glee and he holds out his pinky.

"Promise?" He questions and [F/N] finally looks at him. She smiles and wraps her pinky around his.

"Promise!"

~* ~ 5 Years Later ~*~

Beautiful [H/L] hair, glistening in the sun.

A healthy complexion with dainty lips that mirror her [E/C].

Slender legs and long lashes.

Qualities that Kija is trying to draw.

Yet is utterly failing.

The legs have no dimension, and merely look like straight poles. He can't seem to make the eyes symmetrical or at least look alike. And her hair doesn't seem to flow in the wind as he had hoped. He can't draw a decent background, but everything looks scribbled and rushed, as if the only thing on his mind had been her.

Amateur work.

Everyone knows that the background is just as important as the person in a portrait.

Everything is important.

How her clothes crease.

What mood she seems to be showing.

Yet whatever Kija seems to draw, it turns out just a level ahead as the drawings from his days as a five year old.

It's what he wants to be now.