{Kija x reader} Christmas Memories

"Here."

"No, I think it should be here."

"But it'll look better here!"

"And I think quite the opposite."

"Why do you want it there?! It looks a whole lot better where I want it!"

"..."

"I'll take that as a "yes"." 

"You really aren't supposed to."

Right now, you and the white dragon are in the middle of a small argument on where the christmas tree should go. You preferred it in the right corner of the living room, while Kija preferred the left. If the christmas tree were to be on your favored side of the living room, it would be next to the windows where you could flaunt the presents and tree to you neighbors. Kija wants the tree on the left because then it would be further from the kitchen, where you could have a bigger chance at lighting the tree and house on fire.

Of course, neither one of you wanted to give up on your decisions.

To bring you up to speed, you and Kija were newly weds. While he was in college, you were still in high school. Of course, money is always an issue, he always worked hard with you to keep everything from going downhill. The two of you even saved enough money to buy a small apartment. It even had a balcony! Hence the idea of you showing off you r christmas tree. Sure, it wasn't a smart idea to get married while you were still only in high school, and he had to spend so much money on college, but the two of you loved each other very much.

Kija looks at you for a moment before sighing.

"How about this, we keep the christmas tree behind the couch." He suggests and you turn to the spot behind the couch... Then, with great thought, you agree.

"Fine. But my parents are going to say it looks weird." You say with a shrug and he immediately pales.

"On second thought, let's place it next to the window.." He mutters and you smirk.

To the both of you, Christmas is a time to remember. Why? Because it was the day he proposed to you.

~*~ One year ago~*~

"Merry Christmas!" You cheer happily at the sight of your lover. He smiles back before lightly kissing your cheek, a faint blush on his cheek either from the cold winter outside or from being embarrassed. You parents absolutely love Kija, even if they think he's a bit too old for you. He was plain adorable, so who could hate him?

"Kija sweetie! You're here!" Your mother says with a bright smile, kissing his cheek in greeting.

"You look lovely as always, Mrs. [L/N]!" He says cheerily and your father proceeds to give Kija one of those "man hugs".

"Don't go stealing my wife, Kija." Your dad says jokingly and the two of you chuckle.

Your mother ushers the family to the kitchen table, ready to start the holiday feast. The whole time, Kija would hold you hand underneath the table and run his thumb over the back of your hand. It was rather delightful, you mother had roasted a nice turkey and baked some bread rolls. You even helped make the mashed potatoes, successfully not burning the house down. Although you almost flooded the kitchen...

Anyhow, the entire Christmas feast was with the whole family, laughing and chatting away at what's been going on with life.

"Technically, Kija and I are taking the same college course! I'm in AP world history, so we're helping each other out with the subject." You smile warmly.

"Well that's wonderful!" She claps her hands together with delight. Your father even looked quite happy.

You dig into another slice of turkey, chewing the meat thoughtfully with your mouth full.

"[F/N], you'll choke." Kija warns rather worriedly but you wave him off.

"Iwu fe fwine." You say through you stuffed face and Kija sighs in defeat, but then looks at you with a slight gleam in his eye.

"You two are so adorable!! When will you get married??" You mother questions in an excited manner, and you father pales at the idea.

"[F/N] is only in high school.." He says.

"Age doesn't matter in love!!"

"I don't think that's how it works.." He mutters and you chuckle.

"Dad, don't worry. It's not going to happen anytime soon." You then shove a spoon full of the mashed potatoes you made with delight.

"Actually.." Kija stands from his seat and your eyes immediately widen. Then, the unthinkable happens. Kija stands from his seat before shakily kneeling beside you. Your parents bolt out of their seats to watch the display as you mother whips out her phone to take a video.

Then, Kija takes out a ring from his back pocket. A simple ring, nothing too flashy for it's only a silver band. But it's beautiful to you.

"[F/N] [L/N].. I know I've said this hundreds of times, but even if you get tired of listening to it, I'll continuously repeat it. I love you, and I always will. Through thick and thin, I'll stay with you. So.. To make it easier.. Will you marry me?" He looks you in the eyes, his ocean blue eyes that can hold thousands of emotions at once, just as it is right now.

Your mouth stand agape before small tears stream out of your face. Quickly, you try to wipe them off, but nod nonetheless.

"Yes.. I'll marry you." You could hear you mother crying as your father hugs her with small beads of tears in his eyes.

~*~ Now ~*~

Now that the issue with the christmas tree was over, you could rest happily. Swiftly, you peck your lover on the cheek with a smile.

"Love you!" You say happily and he smiles softly at you, glad that you're living, healthy, happy, and more importantly, his.

"I love you as well."

Who knew Christmas would be a day you'll always love.

A day you loved when you were a child.

And a day you'll love even more as a soon to be adult.