{Yun x reader} Idiocy

Swing after swing, you strike your wooden sword against the trunk of a tree, just as Hak had explained. Yona watches just right next to you, making sure to pick up the little things.

"You know, you really should be watching Hak and not me." You say, wiping a small bit of sweat off your brow. Yona shrugs her shoulders.

"Well, we can both learn the sword together." She says with a small smile. You pause for a minute, then shrug your shoulders too.

"Yeah, I guess."

"And we don't really talk much..."

"..Yeah, I guess..." Another slice at the trunk.

It's silent after, and you purse your lips.

"Don't you want to practice your shooting?" You ask Yona and she perks up from her slight daze.

"Hm? Sorry, I was thinking about something." She apologizes, and you stop your swings. You raise a quizzical eyebrow.

"What about?"

"Do you like Yun?" Yona answers almost immediately. Your face flushes just as the words leaves her lips, or perhaps at the small sound of Yun's name.

"I-I-I do not!" You shout back and her face falls.

"You really do?"

"N-no? Why?" Your eyes widen. "Do you like Yun?"

"What? Oh, no. It's just that he seems to have feelings for Zeno..." She trails off, and your heart drops.

"Does he?" You mumble and she looks away.

"Well, whenever Zeno jumps onto Yun's back, Yun blushes..."

You look down, your wooden sword hanging loosely by your side.

"I...see..."

"I'm sorry, [F/N].."

Talk about a terrible first chat.

~*~

The next few days, you decide to throw every feeling you have for the pretty genius away.

Every thought that he's cute.

Scolding yourself for looking at him a moment too long.

Even just thinking about him.

It's difficult, to say the least, with Yun asking you to help with some random chores everyone is given at night.

"Hey, [F/N], can you come with me to gather firewood?" He asks and your heart clenches.

"Sorry, I think I might get some water with Yona.." You say.

Yun looks at you a few seconds longer before nodding his head.

"Yeah, okay."

Like you had said, you go with Yona to get some water.

Yona gazes at you sadly, an empty bucket in her hand. She doesn't speak, though, which you are thankful for. Any more talk about Yun is just about to be the single drop that could break a dam.

A few more minutes of searching later, and you find a roaring river with fresh water.

Seems nice.