{Zeno x reader} Flowers

It was a normal day for you. Arranging multiple flowers into vases, traveling to Hiryuu Castle, then selling the beautifully arranged masterpieces to rich nobles. It wasn't until recently did the new king Su-won take interest in the works of art you take much time detailing.

Ever since then, you would have to make a completely different vase of flowers for the castle each day and king Su-won would pay you greatly. Enough to support you for the rest of you life and live as a noble.

And all for arranging flowers.

Unfortunately, like all great artists, you've hit a major road block and can't think of anything to piece together.

I need an inspiration...

You think. After consulting with King Su-won, he's agreed to let you wander around Kouka in look for some sort of inspiration. He also said that right when you were to return, that you should release his pet hawk as a signal that you are to be on your way home.

And so, after packing for a trip that would last a month at least, you head out to see the world of Kouka.

~*~

From the Star of Bethlehem, to the Hyacinth, the Amaryllis, and even Daffodils, you know them all. Every flower there could possibly be. Of course you know them all, you are a florist. Even the possible meaning of the very flower.

Your [H/C] locks attract the attention of many people, and the very grace within you would have thousands of men and women trying to court you. You even smell of a field of flowers, after having to work with them your whole life.

So why is it you're living alone, unmarried, and without a lover?

Simple.

Everyone sees the negative side of other beings, not the good.

For example, people may see you as flawless and rather wise, but you're an introvert. The only other place you enjoy is your backyard where the plethora of flowers are grown and Hiryuu Castle, but that's only because you have business there each and every day. Other than those two places, you prefer to stay inside your house.

Now, back to the matter at hand, you're trying to search for an inspiration. Not a significant other.

Gardenias... No, the king is looking for something with color. Perhaps freesias?

"What are you looking for, [miss/mister]?" With a yelp, you jump back and away from the gardenias you had bent over to observe.

"Sorry if Zeno startled you, [miss/mister]." That's when you finally take notice of the blonde man in front of you. He seems to be a couple years younger than you, since you stand at around 19, but the air around him says different. The hawk screeches for just a second before settling down.

"I-I'm sorry, but who are you?" You question and his smile doesn't falter.

"Zeno's name is Zeno!" Of course, he had been speaking in third person just before!

"O-oh, I'm [F/N]." You introduce before urning your attention to the gardenias once again.

"What's the [miss/mister] doing?" He asks once more, and without turning from the gardenias you answer.

"I'm to make a vase of flowers for the king, but I hit a block in my arrangement planning so I'm traveling Kouka for inspiration." You state. When you don't hear an answer from Zeno you turn your head only to see that he's disappeared.