{Shin-ah x reader} Happy

"Seiryuu!" Your little voice cries out. Unfortunately, your friend has no name. So you call him what he is. The blue dragon.

The Seiryuu turns around, face void of emotion. His eyes are covered with the village mask, something you've never really liked.

"Let's go play ball!" The blue dragon nods his head. Your smiles brightens.

The two of you toss the ball around, playing around for hours. Small talk is held, mostly about how mean the village is and how the Seiryuu's powers work.

The blue dragon's smile drops for a moment. You tilt your head in confusion. "What?"

"...Ao... doesn't want me.. to hang out with you..." He mutters. You toss him the ball rather harshly, which he catches with surprise.

"And you think I care? I'm your friend!"

"But.. the village cares..." Your blue haired friend says. You purse your lips, the sentence running trhough your mind.

The village hates you for hanging around the "monster". They warned you that they would throw you out of the village to fend for yourself if you stuck with the Seiryuu any longer. It bothers you to no end, but the blue dragon's company makes up for your uneasiness.

"I know..." You pout. The blue dragon suddenly freezes. He drops the ball, trembling in fear. You turn around to look at what he's pointing at.

It's the village chief and many angry looking civilains.

You pale at his furious sight. The Seiryuu hides behind you as you hold an arm out to shield him.

"(f/n), we've had enough of your behavior." The village chief growls. You begin to shake in fear.

"Leave."

"No!" The Seiryuu shouts. The village chief turns his glare to him. You hide him further behind your back.

"Go back to your master, monster."

"He's not a monster!" You shout in defense. The village chief freezes with anger. He then stomps toward you before grabbing your arm harshly. The Seiryuu grabs out for you, but the village chief only throws you to the ground.

"(F/N)!!" Your only friend shouts. A hand holds him back. People behind the chief back away in fear, muttering "monster" under their breath.

"Seiryuu, we're leaving." Ao says sternly. The blue dragon looks at you with a closed mouth, almost as if he were about to deny Ao. You smile shakily.

"Go home, Seiryuu. I'll be back soon." You say.

That's the last you saw of the blue dragon.

---

It's nearly been 10 years now.

You don't know how, but you managed to survive the years. You first survived off of thieving, but you quickly traded money for food and food for supplies. You quickly got used to the barter system. Your mind expanded with knowlege of trade and merchanting.

That leads us up to now.

"It's taken a few months, but I'm here~" You sing. Your eyes scan across Awa, the port town you've alway wanted to deal business with.

You quickly set up shop, yelling out to passing people with the goods you have for sale.

A red haired girl walks by. She takes interest in your stall.

"Yun, let's stock up here! The prices are incredibly cheap!!" She shouts. You smile warmly, gesturing to the fruits and vegetables. A shorter males peeks over her shoulder, nodding his head in satisfation.

"Yeah, we'll buy food here then. Go get the others." The girls runs off, leaving you to talk business with what seems like a 15 year old.

"Where'd you come from?" You ask, bagging up some apples. The boy, Yun, shrugs. "Honestly? Everywhere." You smile. "I see."

"And you?"

You jump at the sudden question. You've never really had to answer such a question. The fact that you can't think of an answer is unsettling as well.

"Oh.. I... I'm just a wandering merchant. I was kicked out of my village 10 years ago, so it's a miracle I'm still alive." You laugh. Yun muses aloud, handing you a couple coins.

"Yun! I brought them!" The girl returns with a big group of people. Your smile widens.

More customers, more money...

"Hello~ I've got some pears, almost out of oranges so you gotta get those quick! Also, how do you feel about this new fruit called a strawberr-"

"(f/n)?" The soft voice startles you. You open your eyes in a snap, look up to a tall male. His eyes are covered with a mask and a squirrel is perched upon his shoulder. You blink owlishly.

"I-" You hesitate. The idea of the Seiryuu being in front of you is unreal. The villagers would never have let him go.

"It's... (f/n).. right?" He mutters.

Not even a second later and you have him in a tight embrace. The Seiryuu hugs you back, squeezing you tight.

"You're here." You breath out. The Seiryuu nods his head.

A few seconds later you pull away with a smile. A green haired male beats you to your words.

"Someone you know, Shin-ah?" He asks. You look up at "Shin-ah".

"What?"

The Seiryuu nods his head. He then looks back at you, "I... Have a name now." He says. "And friends..."

Your smile widens- if possible- at the statement. "I'm so glad you're happy."

~~~

for,,, @KokoDeLoco