{Shin-ah x reader} Coffee Mates

00:00 Your clock reads. Your soulmate timer has been like that since the beginning of college. It angered you greatly to wake up after a small nap to find the timer has reached zero.

Your whole life you've wanted to meet your soulmate, and now you can't. Because your job at the coffee shop meant rush hour after college classes. And you could never take a glance at the times like you used to in high school.

The moment you dash into work you know that you're late. Rush hour's already begun.

You slip on your apron and begin helping with everyone else behind the counter.

"Sorry I'm late!" You call out to a co-worker. He only smiles and asks you to pick up the next customer. You do.

You smile to see your favorite regular customer.

"Shin-ah!" You exclaim. "Good to see you! The usual?"

He nods his head before handing you his card. You take it to notice that his clock is at zero as well.

"Met your soulmate?"

"Oh... Not.. exactly..." He mutters. You look at him sympathetically before raising your right wrist as well.

"Same." You say and he cracks a smile. You give him a small wink, "Don't worry buddy. I got you."

You go behind counters to whip up his regular coffee. You spray his favorite chocolate syrup and whipped cream in before taking a sharpie out of your apron pocket.

'Don't worry, you'll meet them soon!' You write onto his cup before adding a small chibi of yourself shouting the phrase out. You aren't an art major for nothing.

You meet Shin-ah at the other side of the counter before handing him his cup.

"See you in class tomorrow!" You shout to Shin-ah. He smiles softly before leaving.

Your co-worker slides in beside you, grabbing the whipped cream beside you. "Got a crush~" They coo. They then spray some cream into their mouth.

You wrinkle your nose. "No, dumbass. Just my favorite regular."

"I see I see~"

"Hurry up and do your job."

"I can say the same to you."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

---

Art class wasn't anything spectacular. You were given a week long task, and different art styles were introduced, but nothing too interesting.

And today is just another day at your local coffee shop during rush hour.

You make sure you're the one to handle Shin-ah's coffee order, writing small quotes and notes to keep him motivated throughout the day. The task helps you draw faster when things are very busy.

You and Shin-ah have a weird relationship.

Sure, you consider him a friend. But he's really just a regular at your coffee shop. The only special things are the notes on his cup and you two sharing the same art class.

"(f/n), take the next order?" Your co-worker asks. You snap out of your thoughts and nod your head.

The minute you're done with your order your co-worker asks you, "What was with the zone out moment you had there?"

You pump some chocolate syrup into a cup before shrugging. "Nothing."

"Really?"

"No." You say quickly and they hum in victory. "When did my regular start coming here?"

Your co-worker looks at you strangely. "What?"

"Just answer the question."

They shrug, calling out a, "Harper?" before returning to you. A redhead picks up the order.

"Dunno, around the time you started working here? Maybe even your first?"

You hum back before finishing the order and calling out an...

'How do you say..?'

"It's Eyre." A girl says. You hand her the cup. She takes it with a smile before tipping it to you, as if cheering. "Thanks." She and the redhead leave.

The day carries on.

---

"Hey, Shin-ah. Can you wait till my shift ends? So that we can hang out?" You ask. Your regular looks up at you with a look of surprise.

"Sure.." He says before handing you his card. You smile.

Soon enough your shift ends and you find Shin-ah sitting by the table, tapping away at his laptop. Most likely homework or notes.

Shin-ah finds you immediately and begins to pack up. He's ready by the time you reach him.

"Wanna go to that nearby park?" You ask first. He nods his head.

You rush to the swingset and Shin-ah follows after. He decides to push you on the swings and you smile with the idea.

Now with your experience with Shin-ah so far, you know that you have to be the first to initiate something. A conversation, for example.

So you do.

It's a simple conversation. He takes a few seconds to answer some of your questions but you're patient. And he asks you a few too.

"You're... soulmate.." Shin-ah points out.

You glance down at your right wrist before holding it up.

"I missed them." You chuckle. Shin-ah glances down at his own. He pushes you on the back gently. You swing your legs to gain height.

You can comfortably consider Shin-ah a friend now.

---

It's been a few months since then. Shin-ah continued to visit the coffee shop daily and the both of you would explore the city after hours.

Sure, it took up studying time, but this is college we're talking about.

Absolutely no one has good time management skills with or without their parents.

And if you did, say good bye to it because you're in college.

Back to the point, your feelings for Shin-ah began to develop.

He'd take you out for movies that arrived in theatres. You'd walk around with him to find new and exciting restaurants. If it's time spent together, it's time spent greatly.

"Shin-ah. Your order." You call. He picks it up and quickly reads the note.

'Have a great spankin day!!'

Shin-ah looks at the fourth word quizzically and you cackle behind the corner. His head is tilted and it's just adorable.

Nonetheless, Shin-ah gives you a smile before waving 'good bye'. You wave as well before adding in an over dramatic wink.

Shin-ah blushes.

He continues to look at you, waving, and backing out the door. That is, until he bumps into it.

You laugh again.

You can comfortably consider Shin-ah your crush now.

~~~

wow two updates in one day? you guys are some lucky duck haha
(its one in the morning. i cant sleep. i have cross country training tomorrow at 8. someone send help.)
on another note..
ahh!! this one is pretty cute.
thank you to @PrinceOfPoison_ for requesting it!!
tbh i had a ton of fun writing it
*cough* lowkey adds in own character from other book
p.s. to all my readers reading this. i have only 2 more requests to finish after this one so i hope you're in for a ride because my once a year update schedule may return :// school starts this wednesday and that means high school.
im not ready...
yay to all freshmen...
also, check out the new news ive published! it has some exciting and fun stuff in the guys ;)