Epilogue

Epilogue

When it came to getting glamorized for a special occasion, Jasmine would never understand why someone needs to take such a ridiculous amount of time to slap on some makeup and style their hair. If she ever had it her way, getting all nice and pretty should only take up to thirty minutes tops, not close to three hours. Heck, she felt like she was about to explode if she had to sit still for another second. The only reason she had not gone completely mental yet was because of Eva’s constant reminder that this was her wedding night and that as the bride; she had to look the best for Alec.

As the stylist piled a portion of Jasmine’s hair up on her head and attached a bejewelled heart shaped clip to hold it all together, her mind started to wander. It was hard to believe that almost one year and four months had passed since her ordeal and even less time had went by since Alec had declared his love for her. Sometimes everything felt like a distant dream and that she would wake up at any moment to find herself back in her old unsteady life. Just the thought of being a ghost in Alec’s past left a slight bitter taste in her mouth. It was almost scary that she cared so much about him.

 “And I’m done!” declared the stylist with a smile. “Now the only thing left is to do is to put on your dress. Do you need my assistance or shall I leave?”

Jasmine arched an eyebrow at the woman’s ridiculous question before shaking her head. “No, I think I’m good. Besides, Eva and Natalia is here if I do find myself in trouble.”

The stylist nodded and with that, she left her to it.

Seven minutes and thirty two seconds. It took almost eight unnecessary minutes to put on a wedding dress. Not only was the whole process like a physical exercise, but when you have two useless friends who is only laughing at your expense on the sidelines, it makes life just that much more frustrating.

“Quit laughing at me,” scowled Jasmine. “One day you’ll know how annoying it is to put on a wedding dress.”

“I doubt it was that hard to put on. Maybe you shouldn’t have eaten that donut in the morning,” commented Eva with a grin.

“Or that chocolate bar,” added Natalia before the two gave each other a high five.

Jasmine rolled her eyes. “I see you two are getting along just swell. You’re lucky that I am a nice person and that I am choosing to ignore those rude comments. Any normal person with a sensibility would just kick you out of the reception,” she grumbled while trying to walk towards the full-length mirror without ripping her dress.

“Well you’re not a normal person and clearly you love us enough to keep us here. Heck you probably love us more than Alec too,” stated Natalia in a sing-song voice. “Speaking of him, you better do a lot of thanking girl. After all if it wasn’t for my brilliant plan, you wouldn’t have even met him and clearly fallen love sick for this man.”

“First of all, don’t flatter yourself,” scoffed Jasmine as turned towards Natalia. “Second of all I’m not love—” She stopped herself from speaking when she saw the skeptical looks on both her friends’ faces. “Alright! Alright! Fine, thanks for entering me into something I had no desire to be a part of. And consider yourself lucky because if it weren’t for the fact that I actually fell in love with Alec, I would have throttled you the moment I came back home. There happy?” she bit out.

Natalia chuckled, “Happy about which part? The fact that my best friend would have kicked my ass if she had not swooned for a certain someone or the fact that you would have me decimated?”

“Both,” grumbled Jasmine before glancing towards the mirror.

When she took in her appearance, her mouth nearly dropped. To sum it all up, she looked like a Disney princess.