Chapter Three

I'd like to thank all of you who are commenting, voting and fanning me! It really means a lot and I'm glad you enjoy my story. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Three   

When Jasmine had stepped off the airplane and onto the airport terminal, she knew that she was going to throw up. It turns out that airplane rides and her just don’t mix together well...

Just as she was sure that her stomach was about to lurch, someone suddenly walked up to her and spoke, “Ah, you must be Miss. McDowell,” said the voice, “My name is Francis Levoir and I’m your chauffeur for today. Now would you please follow me?”

Jasmine blinked. How did he know what she looked like? How did he find her in this terminal full of people? Within seconds, it all didn’t matter because her stomach gave way, spilling all her lunch onto the poor chauffeur.

The ride to her destination was quiet. After Jasmine had practically barfed onto the chauffeur, he had decided to give her the silent treatment. As embarrassing as it may be, it wouldn’t matter because after twenty minutes she wasn’t going to see him again.

When the car came to a halt in front of a magnificent three story building, Jasmine was immediately kicked out and told to head for the back of the mansion. For a moment, she stood there idly in confusion as the chauffeur drove away. This wasn’t a hotel, but all the same she decided to heed his words and head to the back of the mansion. As she turned a corner and cut across the lawn, she could see about two dozen females scattered around and a voice was giving instructions to one woman.

“That’s it, gorgeous,” ushered the photographer, “turn your head to the right and tilt it to the side a little… Now give me that brilliant smile of yours…perfect!”

Click— Flash—

 “Um…excuse me!” she interrupted. “Where am I exactly?”

All the girls who were within hearing distance turned around to see who had asked the most ridiculous question of the century.

Jasmine stood not much more than five meters away from the group of girls, whom were now whispering furiously to one another. She managed to catch snippets of words from a mousy looking girl near the middle.

“Look who the cat dragged in…” she said, scanning Jasmine from head to toe, “I mean, really! Look at her! Ugly, pathetic and brainless! Who would have known there was a combination? Oh and how can this girl not know where she is?”

For a moment, Jasmine locked her eyes with the female’s eyes, but the girl merely tossed her hair and continued whispering. Many of the girls were now staring or giving her funny looks, as if she didn’t belong here.

Of course they were probably right about that. For one, her shirt and baggy sweat pants were stained of mud after Jasmine had practically tripped into the mud puddle when she followed the chauffeur to his car. Even if you exclude the gunk on her, one would say that she isn’t fit to be a mile near someone as gorgeous as Alec Dalton. After all, who would want to be seen close to a girl with a crow’s nest hair, shoulders too broad to be normal, and a crooked smile?

Compare her to most of girls in front of her and there would be a shocking difference. Jasmine appeared to have come out of a horror movie as an axed murderer, while half the girls standing in front of her seemed to have come out of a Disney Princess movie. The lumpy brown duffel bag at her feet didn’t help with her appearance either…