Chapter Four

Chapter Four

“OWCH!” screeched Jasmine as her face contorted in pain. “Can’t you be a little gentler?” she demanded while her hairstylist Mary dragged a comb through her tangled bits of hair.  

Mary suddenly crossed her arms in annoyance. This wasn’t the first time Jasmine had complained and it definitely wouldn’t be the last time.  “Well if you stop squirming around and whining, we’d be a quarter way done by now!” she yelled before closing her eyes, “Look, I’m sorry that there’s nothing I can do for you, but like the saying goes; no pain, no gain.”

Jasmine snorted, “Yeah, that’s for sports, not this crap.” She gestured with her arms as she stared at the mirror in front of her.  She had been here for a good ten minutes and the hairstylist had barely gotten anywhere. This was just another hopeless cause for a reality show she did not agree to. Give her a couple of weeks, and she’ll find a way to get herself eliminated...that or just tell the producer that she's quitting now. The second option seemed better.

Mary narrowed her eyes, “Alright look, we can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way. Choose wisely.”

Jasmine raised and eyebrow before a smile spread from her lips. “Alright, I’ll take the easy way then.” She replied while standing up and ripping the black sheet off her. “Good day Mary,” she said before walking towards the exit.

The hairstylist was taken back by Jasmine’s attitude, but ran after her. “Wait, Miss! Come back, I’m—” As she reached towards the door, it suddenly slammed into her face. Mary gritted her teeth. This girl was becoming a big menace.

Jasmine hummed happily to herself, glad that she had gotten out of the wretched room alive. As she continued to walk down the hallway, a male dressed in a fashionable looking suit suddenly appeared in front of her.

“Did Mary finish with you already?” he asked in surprise. “You don’t look exactly ready, but come with me; I’ll get you changed into a dress and find your makeup artist.” said the male as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her along the hall towards another room.

Jasmine scowled in frustration. Great just when she had come so close to freedom, it gets all stomped on by someone else.

When the male stopped in front of a door that read Designer Clothes in golden letters on it, he quickly he pulled out a key from his pocket and unlocked the door.

The moment that the door swung open and Jasmine had stepped in, she gasp. Although she wasn’t the kind of girl who fancied designer items, she couldn’t help but look around awestruck at the amount of clothes, shoes and jewelry there were. One could say that this was a girl’s paradise.

He sudden clasped his hands, which made Jasmine jump a little. “Alright, so my name is Roger and I’m your wardrobe stylist for this show. I’ll be picking the outfits you will be wearing for photo shoots, formal occasions and stuff alike,” he explained. “Now, I think I have the perfect outfit for you…” he muttered while walking towards a rack of dresses and grabbed a silky black one before heading towards the opposite end where a row of high heels lined.

After Roger had handed Jasmine the outfit she was supposed to wear, he led her to a change room.

“Go change, you have two minutes,” he said looking at his watch.

***

“Please darling! Give me a little smile at least?” begged the photographer.