Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

It was almost miraculous that Jasmine had managed to find her way out of the woods considering that she had a terrible sense of direction. For the past hour or so, she had been wandering around the densely packed forest like a lost puppy trying to find its owner. While roaming around, trying to find Alec’s beach house, she had acquired even more cuts and bruises from tripping over the roots of ancient trees. Moreover, she was once again covered in mud.

As Jasmine reached the back of Alec’s beach house, all she wanted to do was jump into a cold shower and take a nice nap. Unfortunately, that was far from possible as someone suddenly poured sticky liquid down her back.

“God you really need a wash there troll,” said a high pitched voice.

Jasmine quickly turned around and instantly met the gaze of the one and only, Christine Winters. The blonde twit was renowned for starring in many T.V shows like America’s Next Top Model and had her face pasted on the front of several magazines that she had seen her friend Natalia read.

Jasmine was in no mood to deal with a moron like her, so she just ignored it and continued walking on. She didn’t get very far when someone pushed her to the side, knocking her off balance and making her fall towards the ground.

“Don’t ignore me you ugly troll!” crowed Christine in anger.

This time, Jasmine didn’t hesitate to snap back a few words of her own, “Oh aren’t you feeling all high and mighty? You should watch who you’re calling a troll… I mean, bitch please, I can remove 90% of your beauty with a wet Kleenex!” she yelled before getting up and storming off in anger, all the while leaving Christine stunned.  

***

“Stupid sniveling privileged brat!” uttered Jasmine angrily as she kicked the door to her room when she couldn’t open it with her key. “She needs a good ass whoop—”

“Who the hell is kicking on the door?!” demanded Eva as she swung the door open right when Jasmine was about to launch another kick at it. She took one look at her roommate and her mouth instantly dropped. The two stared at each other before Eva gestured her in.

“Do I want to know what happened to you?” she asked slowly, “I swear, you look like you just came out of battle.”

“Ding, ding, ding! You got that right. I battled my way through a forest and past a vicious blonde bimbo,” said Jasmine, while scratching her sticky back, “Now I need to take another shower... and take a good nap…”

Eva nodded, deciding not to ask why she battled her way through a forest and past a vicious blonde bimbo. Instead she smiled while pinching her nose and saying, “Yeah, I won’t lie, you smell like rotten cabbage. I don’t know what you did with Alec, but a good shower would suit you well…” she said slowly before a question popped into her mind, “Oh and speaking of Alec, did you manage to find something to get him for his birthday next week?”

Jasmine suddenly looked up at Eva. “Shoot! I completely forgot about that!” she said in annoyance before pondering the idea to skip his party instead.

Eva’s lips curved into a smile, “Looks like we’re on the same boat together. It didn’t even occur to me until I overheard some of the girls talking about it. So since we’re both presentless, how about we ditch the night of his party and have our own fun?”

Jasmine hesitated for a moment, weighing the pros and cons. What Eva said did sound fun, but where were they going to go when they were in the middle of nowhere anyways? Sure they could have their own girls’ night away from the party; however she was sure that the producer would notice their missing presence… But then again, skipping it would relieve her from Alec’s ignorant presence and she wouldn’t have to make a present out of scratch either. The second option sure looked better, yet there was some part of her who just didn’t want to miss the party.