Chapter Six

Chapter Six

“Alright Jasmine, are you ready?” asked the hostess looking at her. When Jasmine didn’t answer, Lisa continued on talking, “All I’m going to do is ask you some questions, and all you need to do is answer them. If you make a mistake, it will be edited out, so just pretend that the camera and the microphone’s not there,” she instructed before turning her head to look at the camera man. “Eddie you ready?”

He gave her a thumbs up. “Yeah, I’ll count you in…”

Jasmine stared at the blonde haired woman before looking at the camera and then towards the thick black microphone that was hovering over her head. Of course she wasn’t ready! Everything about this interview to be was making her squirm. She hated cameras, but the lavender stench in the room was the worst part. It was so strong and sickly, that it made her want to barf.

“Okay Lisa,” said Eddie slowly, “get ready in three…two…one!”

Lisa smiled as she looked at Jasmine. “So, can you tell me why you wanted to join this reality show?”

Jasmine took her time to think her answer over. On one side, she shouldn’t be putting Natalia to blame for all this, but on the other, it’s the truth…besides she wanted to put her in the spotlight for this… “I never wanted be in this show,” she said firmly, “in fact, my best friend entered me in it without my permission.”

Lisa arched an eyebrow, “So while many women would kill to be in your place right now, you’re telling me that your friend signed you up without permission?” she asked, her voice shaking with disbelief.

Jasmine laughed sharply, suddenly finding this whole interview humorous, “Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying,” she replied with a smile. “You see, I’m not that kind of girl who would try to compete for a boy’s heart, especially not in a game show like this. Everything about this is superficial. This whole thing is only meant to make money, no so much love, that’s why some people call it a show business.

The hostess suddenly frowned. It wasn’t the answer she had wanted to hear from her, no, not at all… “Thanks for your opinion about that…So, what do you think of Alec Dalton?” she said quickly, trying to change the subject.

It was only the mention of his name that got Jasmine all fired up, “What do I think of him?” she repeated. “Well everyone may think he has the looks, but I think he really needs to put a paper bag on his personality.”

Lisa opened her mouth to say something, but closed it. There was a long stretch of silence before she spoke again, “Alright one last question, “How long do you think you’ll last through this competition?” she questioned.

Jasmine shrugged, “Hopefully not long to get myself killed by the other contestants,” she replied.

“Andddd, that’s a wrap!” exclaimed Eddie, giving a nod to Lisa.

The hostess gave a weary smile and clasped her hands together, “Alright Jasmine, you can go retire to your room, and change into something nice. In about an hour or so, you’ll be having dinner with Alec and all the other contestants,” she said before pausing to look at Eddie. “Oh and give me a microphone, Jasmine needs one.”

“What?”

“The small clip-on microphone and earbud that we gave to the other girls earlier this afternoon!” she said impatiently.

Eddie chuckled nervously, “Oh sorry…” he said while rummaging through a black box before handing it to Jasmine.

Lisa sighed heavily, “Okay, make sure it’s clipped onto the collar of your shirt and it’s not noticeable, you’ll be wearing it at all times… Now go back to your room and get ready.”