Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

“What the hell are you three doing here?” demanded Alec in a low dangerous tone, all the while glaring at Jasmine.

Like a small child getting scold at for misbehaving, Jasmine was quick to look away from Alec’s seething gaze. It was not something she did regularly, but there was something in his eyes that showed beyond anger…maybe pain? Either way, something about it bothered her.

For a moment, nobody spoke. The silence stretched on until Jace sighed, “Chill out Alec, I just took your sister and Jasmine skating,” he said calmly. “Why are you making a big deal out of something so little?”

Alec gritted his teeth and clenched his hands tightly. He could feel anger and resentment boiling inside him, but he didn’t know where it was coming from. Was he just annoyed to see Jace, Madeline and Jasmine so happy? Or was it more than that? As Alec marched towards the three of them, he decided that he was just pissed that Jasmine didn’t keep his sister away from him.  

“Aleccc! Stop making a big scene about this, you’re wasting our moment!” whined Tiffany as she followed quickly behind him.

He just ignored her as he grabbed Jasmine and Madeline by the arm and dragging them towards the exit. “You two aren’t supposed to be here,” he growled.

 Madeline huffed and jerked her arm back, “Stop being so mean! We did nothing wrong! What happened to my big brother who used to be so nice and play with me all the time?”

Alec stopped abruptly and glowered at her, “Times changed Maddy,” he said coldly just as Jace caught up with them.

“Dude, what is your problem? Why are you acting so—”

“Return the two to my estate and get out of my site…now,” cut in Alec sharply as he stared Jace down.

For a moment, the tension around the two seemed to be flaring up before it suddenly subsided when Alec sneered and turned to walk back to Tiffany. He had barely taken a few steps forward when there was a soft cough and a shriek coming from behind him.

“Alec…” said Jace slowly, “There’s something wrong with your sister.”

***

Alec gritted his teeth as he waited with Jace and Jasmine to hear from the doctor about his sister’s health. He was suddenly angry with himself for brushing Madeline off and ignoring her constantly when he knew she was only getting sicker by the minute. He had been a bad brother, but of course his mother had been worse… Just at the thought of her made him want to vomit, but then came the familiar stench of perfume. The sickly sweet smell that had been around his mansion so many times…

Suddenly as if on cue, a platinum blonde haired woman wearing dark shades and a white leather jacket walked over towards the three of them, her stilettos clicking against the marble floor. There were not any traces of wrinkles or any blemish on her face. Beautiful she was, however, the only thing that ruined it was that her mouth had contorted into a twisted cruel smile. 

“Alec... Jace,” She greeted with a nod before her dark smothering eyes laid upon a girl sitting to the right of her son. For a moment, Mrs. Dalton stared at her before removing her sunglasses off to take a better look at the girl. Immediately her face twisted in disgust. “And you are?” she demanded, arching one of her eyebrows.

Judging from the revolted look, Jasmine was sure that the woman did not like her at all. After a few seconds of silence she spoke, “My name is Jasmine….Jasmine McDowell.”

Mrs. Dalton almost sneered in remark, but quickly reminded herself that it would cause a wrinkle, and causing a wrinkle would look bad on her. “Oh, you’re the gold digger girl that’s in the reality show competing for my son…”

Immediately Jasmine’s eyes flashed in anger as she stood up, “Excuse me? What did you call me?” she growled.

 The woman chuckled coldly, “You know, you shouldn’t be treating someone who gave you a spot on—”

“So… mum, you finally came huh?” cut in Alec who looked the least from amused.

Suddenly Mrs. Dalton’s face turned to her son, her eyes narrowing and her mouth changing into a scowl, “Don’t hey mum me. It makes me sound so much older than I really am. I told you a hundred times to call me by Mrs. Dalton,” She said angrily.

Alec didn’t speak; he didn’t believe that the word ‘mum’, sounded old at all. She didn’t even look old for peats sake. What with all those Botoxes and plastic surgeries to make her look younger, it’s changing who she really was…

“Well where is Madison?” she demanded.

Alec stared at his mother in confusion before it dawned on him that she was talking about Madeline! “Its Madeline mu— err I mean Mrs. Dalton, and she’s with the doctor at the moment.”

“Shouldn’t you be with her then?” his mother snapped angrily at him.

“We’re waiting on the—”

“Alec, sweetie, I thought I told you to be with her at all times and take care of her. Now what do I see? You’re slacking off on your job?” She said in a sickly sweet voice before the doctor walked out with Madeline at hand.

Immediately Madeline’s eyes lit up when she saw mother and she ran towards her, “Mom!” she said loudly as she tried to hug her, but was only pushed away by nurturer as if she had a deadly contagious diseases. After that moment, she decided to scuttle towards Jasmine and Jace, holding them tightly at hand.

“Now, Mrs. Dalton, I’d like to talk to you privately,” said the doctor before gesturing towards the opened door.

Alec bit back another wave of anger as he watched his mother roll her eyes, before walking through the door.

As the doctor closed the door behind him, Jasmine spoke, “Wow Alec, I thought you were the worst that people can get, but boy was I wrong,” she breathed out, shaking her head in remorse. She definitely did feel bad for Madeline, but not so much for Alec. “I can see where you get your rude behavior from too.”

Alec shot Jasmine a glare, but didn’t answer her. On a normal day, he would have made sure he would give her hell for the remarks she had made about him, but today he was just too angry about everything to care.

“Can we go for ice cream?” asked Madeline suddenly.

Alec sighed and looked towards the room that his mother had entered before speaking, “Yeah, let’s go for ice cream…”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys I know this is short and it's more of a filler chapter, but I'll try to make the next few ones longer. I might also take more time working on the other story I posted up (Love Violently, Kill Softly), so please check that one too. Anyways, Comment, Vote and Fan if you like it :)

Questions:

1. What do you think is wrong with Madeline?

2. What do you think of Alec and Maddy's mother?