Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

When Jasmine woke up the next morning, it wasn’t because of her alarm clock, no, instead it was Eva’s voice that shook her out of her dream state.

“Don’t move!” she hissed, hovering above her while holding a slipper in hand.

“What?” moaned Jasmine, still half asleep, “Why are you holding that slipper so threateningly? And why are you waking me up…? It’s still too early in the morning to function…”

Eva rolled her eyes, “It’s almost o’clock, we have to get up soon and head to the lounge anyways,” she replied, staring down at her forehead. “Now, don’t move…I need to kill the black widow spider on your forehead…” she said

Before Jasmine could react to what she had just heard, Eva slammed the slipper painfully down onto her forehead. Immediately she sat up, yelping in pain. “Couldn’t you have been a little bit gentler?” she demanded, while rubbing her forehead, feeling the squashed spider falling into her hand.

“No… say, are you going to wash your forehead, it looks kind of gross.”

“Nah, it’s—” Without warning, an alarm sounded in their room, making Jasmine jump. “Is the mansion on fire or something?” she asked suddenly, almost hopeful..

Eva snorted, “No, it’s just the alarm clock that wakes the entire contestants up… well at least that’s what the hostess said yesterday night…”

Jasmine hadn’t remembered the hostess talking to her last night. No, in fact the only thing she remembered was pissing Alec off even more by spilling Eva’s Coke onto his BMW and closing her eyes… Shit. “Umm… did I fall asleep in Alec’s car?”

Eva laughed, “Took you long enough to figure it out. You know he had carried you bridal style up to our room in front of all the contestants?” she questioned with an amused look on her face.

Jasmine suddenly turned red. “Oh, god….why didn’t he wake me up?” she demanded furiously, “Could have saved me from the embarrassment!”

“Well that’s not the worst of it…” said Eva slowly, trying to hold herself from bursting into laughter again.

“What’s worse then that?” she demanded angrily.

“Well…uh well there was a cameraman filming you two…and when Alec laid you down onto your bed, the producer instructed him to kiss you on the forehead so there was a lasting impression on the audience…” replied Eva slowly.

Jasmine’s eyes bulged, “And did he kiss my forehead?” she demanded.

“Umm…yeah well he was kind of forced to do—”

Jasmine let out a rainbow of swear words before tossing the dead spider aside and hopped out of bed. .

“Hey where are you going?” asked Eva, raising an eyebrow in curiousity.

“To the bathroom so I can cleanse my forehead of Alec Dalton’s germs,” she replied in disgust.

***

“Ladies, why are you late?” demanded the hostess as they entered a large lounge with a fire place, a couple of couches, a giant T.V and a notice board that Lisa was standing beside..

Eva rolled her eyes, “I’m sorry, but my friend here spent half an hour washing her forehead so she can cleanse herself of Alec Dalton’s germs,” she replied.