Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine 

As soon as Jasmine had entered her father’s mansion with Jace, they were immediately greeted by a maid whom led them to an office.

“Please have a seat, Mr. McDowell will be here in a moment,” said the maid as she bowed before closing the two doors behind her.

Jasmine looked around the room in distaste; it was too fancy to be called elegant. The walls had bright complicated designs on them, while the matching desks, tables and chairs seemed to be carved with specific detail. Everything in the room made her want to puke…well everything that belonged to her father that was.

The last time Jasmine had been here was when she was sixteen, and only because she had come to beg for money. It was pitiful thing to do; surrendering to her father like that, but at that time her uncle was running in debt with his farm and they were in desperate need of money… After getting money from him, she vowed to never come here again, but why was she here now?  Oh right, she needed to get away from Alec and unfortunately, this was her only pathetic excuse...

“So how’s Alec treating you?” asked Jace, breaking the silence.

Jasmine looked up before shrugging, “He’s being rude and obnoxious, what else is new?”

Jace chuckled, “Well…he’s never really experienced a person who can put him in his place and show him what he truly is. I mean, sure he had some haters, but none of them really confronted him about his attitude… probably because Alec has some vicious fan girls out there that would rip your eyes out if you some much as badmouth him.”

Jasmine laughed, “Yeah, well I think I’ve been there, and done—” Before she could finish, the door suddenly opened, reveling a tall man wearing a dress suit. When he saw Jace and Jasmine sitting by a table near his desktop, he beamed them a smile.

“Hello, Jazzy! How is my baby doing?” he asked, strolling up to her. “I heard that you’re on that reality T.V show with Alec Dalton…” he added, before muttering softly to himself, “He’s a fine young man with family potential, however, it’s much too late for him to choose you as a wife for the show.”

Jasmine gave him a disgusted look, “Don’t call me Jazzy or baby,” she said flatly. “Now let’s get down to business, what is it that you called me here for Mr. McDowell?”

He looked at his daughter, playing a confused look on his face, “Why I don’t know what you are talking about. Can’t I just see my daughter for once?”

“Cut this crap!” growled Jasmine. “You and I both know that whenever we see or talk to each other, one of us needs something. Jace even told me that you want something from me, so what do you need?”

For a moment, Mr. McDowell’s face flickered from a warm smile to an icy scowl. “Alright, if that is how you want it, then fine,” he said coldly. “Now, do you remember the last time you had come here begging me for money?”

Jasmine didn’t answer. She was too embarrassed that Jace had to hear this right now.

“Yes, I gave you what you needed;” he continued on as if she had just answered, “but you were in my debt…and if you remember, you signed a contract to it, so whatever I tell you next, you can not back away from the deal,” stated Mr. McDowell, flashing a cold smile. “Now recently, I got offered to combine my company with another man’s company, one whose business is more powerful than mine. This man offered me three quarters of his company, for one price only; he wanted my one of my daughters to marry his son.”