Another Zodiac Rat

I scanned the airport for a familiar face but came up with nothing. I sighed and went to retrieve my bag. I heard my name being called so I whizzed around but again, saw nobody I knew. When I reached for my bag a beaded wrist beat me to it. "Hey! I've been calling you. Why the hell didn't you answer me!" Kyo barked. I guess he forgot why I hated being talked to like that because he glared at me. I felt tears prick my eyes, but refused to let him see me cry so easily. "Kyo!" I looked up, I knew that soothing voice anywhere. My twin brother, Yuki came up and slapped Kyo upside the head. "You idiot! Did you forget why you can't talk to Yumi like that!"

Kyo went to retort but stopped when he seemed to recall something. I balled my fists at my side and held back the now joyful tears as my brother stood before me. He stopped glaring at Kyo and faced me. He spoke with the softest tone, "Yumi, how i've missed you" He opened his arms for me to hug him, I practically ran into him. "I've missed you too brother" I felt the hot tears cascade down my pale cheeks and onto my brothers shoulder. When he released me he wiped my tears with his thumb and took my hand. "Come on, lets go home" The walk back to Shigure's was a long one but I needed to shake off my jet lag. I wasn't used to the time difference either so I was walking weird, not to mention I was exhausted. In America, it's probably night but I was too tired to think. Kyo was walking behind me and Yuki was in front. Kyo noticed my slow pace and walked beside me

"are you alright?" He grumbled. "yes. I'm perfectly fine" I managed to mumble.

"Hey damn rat, she's too tired!" Kyo yelled up to my brother, who turned around and made his way to me. "Here, lemme carry you" Without hesitation I outstretched my arms and he picked me up with a chuckle. I snuggled into his chest and fell asleep.

Unknown's POV

I watched from a distance as Yuki picked up Yumi. I glared, It's been three years since she went to America. I wish I could be the one to hold her in my arms, to be the one to hold her small hands in mine and to tell her she's beautiful every single day. We left on terrible terms and I wish I could take it all back. She was afraid of me and I didn't like it. This year, I will change that and get her to love me...

Yumi's POV

When I re-opened my eyes I was looking up at a white ceiling. I rolled around and saw I was in someones room. The walls where white and so was the carpet. The bedding was a red color and had amazingly soft sheets. There was also a closet and a desk within the room. When I got off the bed I made my way to the door and opened it, revealing a hallway.

I quickly found the stairs and went down, into another hallway. The smell of food led me to a large kitchen and a girl, about my age cooking a meal fit for a king. She was humming a simple tune as she prepared the massive meal. I assumed she was Tohru, the girl my brother told me about. She was, from what I was told, very nice and caring. She also knew about the curse. I made my presence known and slightly startled her. "Im sorry, I didn't mean to s-scare you" I said quickly. She waved it off with a smile. "It's alright. Im Tohru, you must be Yumi" she extended her hand and I took it hesitantly. I was very shy around new people and quiet like a rat, barely noticed.

"Pleasure to meet you Tohru. And yes, I am Yumi." We shook hands and she began cooking again. I decided I would help but she told me she had everything under control so I went to find my brother. While I searched for him I came across an office like room. "Well If it isn't Yumi" I whirled around and bumped into someone's chest. When I looked up I saw it was none other than Shigure. I smiled up to him and backed away so I could talk to him.

"Hello Shigure" I mumbled out.

He chuckled "still as shy as you were before huh?" He asked. I nodded and gazed around "Is this your office?" I asked. Shigure nodded "I'm an aspiring novelist!" He began going on and on about his newest book and I stood there, listening to it all.