Chapter 14- Memories Never Fade

dedicated to faith_frost because I loved her comment on the last chapter xD ((Almost got 3000 words for this chapter)) You're prob wondering why only this chapter has a name but you'll find out later >.< Sorry for any mistakes, please point them out!

{Yumi's POV}

I look around me at the Sohma's, they surround the bed I'm in and stare at me with looks of bewilderment.

"What's wrong? Why am I in the hospital?" I ask. Shigure walks into the room, a nurse right behind him. She approaches the bed and smiles warmly at me. "How are you feeling?" she asks.

I return her smile weakly "I feel sore.... and a little light headed" I replied. She nodded and jotted things down on her clipboard. "The doctor will be in any second now to check you over, okay?" I nod and she leaves.

Hatori stands beside the bed and kneels down so we're eye level. "Let's wait to see what the doctor says before we answer your questions." I nod once more and patiently wait for the doctor.

He enters a few minutes later and smiles like the nurse did. "How are you feeling Ms. Sohma?" He asks, voicing a tone of kindness. I give him the same answer I gave the nurse and he nods. After he asks simple questions like my name, age, date of birth and other things he suddenly gets serious.

 "Now, what else do you remember?" He asked his question as he takes my temperature and blood pressure.

"The last thing I remember is- is coming home from America....After that it's all fuzzy" I reply. He stops checking me over and looks at me. "Ms. Sohma, you have amnesia. I'll be straight forward with you, you can regain your memories but it will take time... It is never a guaranteed thing."

He pauses and gives me time to register what he had said. I nod my head and glance around the room... How will I get them back?

"How can I start to regain them?" I asked. The doctor stood from his chair and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Well, I suggest spending time with your family as well as individually... In truth, most cases, patients claim their memories will gradually start to return."

"Thank you Doctor." Hatori says. The Doctor gives a curt nod an leaves the room. "How did I end up here?" I ask.

Hatori looks at me "You were crossing the street in town three weeks ago, a bank had been robbed that same day. You were hit by the getaway car...."

My mind was blank, I tried to remember what I was doing that day but couldn't. All I could do was stare at Hatori... "I- I don't remember anything.... It's just blank."

I feel tears well in my eyes at the thought, Hatori leans in and wraps his arms around me, rubbing circles on my back. I wipe my face and glance behind him out the window... It was snowing....

Snow.....

..........Christmas.......

A flash of white was in my head, I saw the trees all around me, fresh snowflakes dancing in the wind as I try to catch them in my mouth. I remember giggling at my silliness.

I pull away quickly and rub my eyes again "Hatori I- I seen something!"

He looks puzzled and looks behind him at the window. "What did you see?"

"I remember the snow, I was trying to catch it in my mouth..."

"Was it from the day you got hurt?" He asked. "I think so, I was alone in the woods that surround Shigure's house...." I began thinking harder. It didn't help much, that was all I remember...

"This is good Yumi, just don't push yourself." Shigure piped in. I giggled softly as I looked at him, he had dozens of stuffed animals in his arms. He smiles and sets them on the foot of the bed.