Chapter 4

{Yumi}

I took in a deep breath and faced my brother. I had asked him to come to my room so I could tell him something important.

"It's okay, take your time" He said. I smiled and looked up to meet his gaze.

"The day I came back late, I was at the main house. Akito had invited me over and as you know, I couldn't decline. He didn't hurt me, but he did give me some rather shocking news" I finally said.

Yuki seemed to be taking it well so far, so I continued. "Akito told me that-" I was interrupted by Shigure falling into my room, clutching the door.

"Shigure!" I heard Kyo growl. I looked down at Shigure and bent down to his level. "Shigure... were you eavesdropping?"

Kyo just stalked past without another word and Shigure scrambled to his feet, sticking his nose in the air and refusing to meet my gaze "No, I was walking down the hallway and Kyo pushed me..."

I smiled "It's okay. Besides, I think you should be here to hear this anyway"

He paused in mock consideration but nodded and sat on the floor, so I told them both what Akito had told me.

They were shell shocked, as was I when I was told the news. "I can't believe it, It doesn't sound like him at all" Yuki finally said. Shigure nodded in agreement and stood. "Well, it was his decision... there's nothing we can do"

Yuki sighed and ran a hand through his hair. I patted his back "Please don't worry, I'm sure he's not lying and means what he says"

They both left and I decided to take my mind off things and go into town for a bit. As I walked around a familiar silvery-haired man caught my eye. I smiled, but at the same time I was upset because he hasn't visited me yet. He was having a hard time entering a clothing shop with all the bags he had in his arms so I went to help.

"Allow me" I mumbled, opening the door for him.

He set the bags down and turned to me with a closed-eye smile. "Thank you-"

When he opened his eyes he gasped and engulfed me in a hug "Yumi!" I hugged him back but when he pulled away I shot him a glare. Ayame was the only one who's really seen my energetic and outgoing side.

"Why are you glaring at me?" He asked with a pout. I placed my hands on my hips and stamped my foot like a five year old. "Ayame, you haven't visited me since I got here. I've been in Japan for three days. Explain mister"

He stared at me with wide eyes before blinking and kneeling down a little "Please forgive me dearest Yumi. I was just so busy here at work, I've finally opened my shop"

I looked inside and saw the many fabrics and mannequins with outfits on them.

My bad mood disappeared and I rushed inside to examine the outfits he's made. They were so unique and beautiful. "I'll forgive you if you allow me to try something on" I said, fingering the material of a azure gown.

He clapped "Do you know how long i've waited for you to ask me to dress you up?" I giggled and shook my head "Then I guess today's your lucky day"

He rushed to the back and came back a few minutes later with a dress in his hands. It was all white and some-what frilly, it also had black laces in the back so you could tie it. I smiled "It's gorgeous Ayame!" I took the dress from him and he told me where I could change.

Once I was done changing I walked back out and twirled for my big brother. He smiled "You look stunning, do you want to keep it?" he asked.

I stared at him "Really?"