Chapter 12

FINALLY! I've gotten around to typing this... Who knows what I'll give you guys... I really like the changes they made to this. I don't have to capitalize my I's anymore lol just kidding. If I don't capitalize I spaz out with this weird OCD or whatever... I do have OCD though.... sigh, anyway I bet nobody reads this so carry on!

Song suits Yumi's overall situation. Real quick, I know I get REALLY cheesy during this chapter but I think it's adorable so bear with me!

{{Yumi}}

I was walking home, Akito had caught a cold. The snow was falling freely, sticking to my hair and clothes.

It was cold out today, plus it was windy but I could manage.

Lately I've been feeling weird, like something was missing. I felt more alone than usual, cold almost. It was as if I was all alone on an iceberg that was just slowly floating away. I doubt this has anything to do with it being winter....

There was about another block and then I would be in the woods surrounding Shigure's house.

As soon as I got home I would try my hand at cooking so I could bring Akito soup. Yuki had student council, Tohru was working on a project for school and I have no idea where Kyo went. Today was the last day of school so now we're on Winter Break.

When I walked through the door I was greeted by Shigure. "So, how was school?" he asked. I set my coat on the coat rack and smiled "It was good. I'm going to make some soup for Akito, he has a cold"

Shigure sighed dramatically "So romantic!" I blushed "It's not like that, I mean if you were sick I would make you soup"

He waved his hand dismissively "Sure sure. I'll be in my office. See you around dinner?"

I nodded and headed into the kitchen. I could work on my homework at the main house and still be back in time for dinner.

As I waited for the soup to cook I added in carrots. Now all I have to do is wait it to cook and I could take it to him.

=======

The small pot in my hands was probably the only thing keeping me warm right now. The same maid from last time came to the door and allowed me in. "I'm sure Master Sohma will love your cooking" I smiled at her and headed to his room.

He was asleep, just as he was the last time I visited. I set the small pot down on the bedside table and leaned over to try and see him in the heaps of sheets.

"Akito~" I called softly. He stirred and his eyes slowly opened. "Yumi?"

I smiled at him "I brought you soup to help you feel better" He sat up and rubbed his eyes, yawning and blinking away his sleep.

I would never say this out loud but he looked so adorable, he had bed head and it only added to how cute he looked. I blushed at my thoughts and picked up the pot. It was the size of a regular bowl so I handed it to him.

"It's my own chicken noodle soup, it has carrots in it" I said. He flashed me a smile and took it gratefully. "What else can a guy ask for?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, the girl of my dreams is here while i'm sick with soup to make me feel better. The only thing missing is you feeding me" He laughed.

"W-would you like me to f-feed you?" I asked. He almost choked on his first spoonful "I-I was only kidding" He blushed.

"If it would make you feel better I would do it" I stuttered out. I took the bowl from him as well as the spoon and scooped some soup up. I held it to his lips.

He scooted further into the bed and gestured for me to sit next to him so I did. He sipped it, a blush rose to both our faces.

I hadn't made a ton so he was done a few minutes later.

"Yumi, can I ask you something?"

I nodded and put the bowl back on the bedside table. "Can I kiss you?"

His question shocked me "I know you might get sick but I really want to, and if you do get sick I can take care of you"

I looked at him and nodded slowly "I guess I can let you..." I trailed off.

He smiled again and cupped my cheeks in his hands, gently pulling my face closer.

When our lips brushed he gently leaned further down and kissed me. My eyes fluttered closed and I leaned into him.

His lips, they were warm.... and soft....

My heart hammered in my chest, I felt like I was supposed to be here.....

When he pulled away I found myself leaning back in. He chuckled lowly and pecked my lips quickly. "You're so cute Yumi"

My already evident blush deepened and I hugged him "You're warm" The feeling of being alone drifted away like the iceberg, but I wasn't on it. I was here with Akito. ((I'm cheesy I know))

He hugged back and rubbed my back "So are you"

When we pulled away Akito leaned on the headboard. "You should get some more rest" I suggested. He sighed "If you say so"

I laughed "I'll come back tomorrow to see you okay?" He smiled "I look forward to it"

I left the main house and went back home, but when I got back I was greeted with an empty house. I guess everyone had plans...

Shrugging to myself I just went upstairs and settled for reading. I had gotten a few new books from Yuki, ones he had finished and didn't want anymore.

About an hour into my reading I got bored, not to mention hungry. So once again I headed into town, this time in search of something to eat.

I remembered someone telling me about this nice little restaurant, the food was cheap but it was good. So, I headed there.

I'll have to remember who told me so I can thank them, this place really was good. I laid my money out on the table and left the little shack. On my way out a man stumbled and crashed into me. Purple smoke crowded me and I quickly scooped whatever clothing I could into my mouth and took off.

This was bad, very bad.....

I began running, running as fast as my little stubs for feet would take me. I had no idea where I was when I looked around. I was so small I couldn't see street signs.

I was panicking, at least while I panicked I would remain a rat and hopefully find someplace to safely change back. When I whizzed around again I saw my brothers shop! Thank Kami!

Making my way across the street I noticed someone leaving the shop, what luck. I scurried past them and leaped inside. Mine was cleaning up some scrap fabric when she saw me. I picked up my pace and ran to the back.

She had screamed a second later, just as I slid under the door of the changing room. I sighed in relief, I made it in time....

"Mine what's the problem?" I heard my older brothers soothing voice as he consoled Mine. "M-M-MOUSE!"

Ayame chuckled lowly "Mine, there aren't mice in my shop. I'm sure it was just some debris or dust...Please calm down"

POOF!~

I changed back and picked up my clothes. Thankfully, the shirt I had on was a longer shirt and could cover my rear. The only problem with being a rat......... The only thing I managed to grab was my shirt.....

There was a knock on the door.

"Yumi, I know it's you"

I pulled the shirt down as best as I could and slowly opened the door. "Hello Brother" I said. He smiled "Did someone hug you?"

"A man stumbled into me..." This time he laughed "And all you could grab was your shirt?" Before I could nod he continued "Don't worry, I have something for you to wear"

He shut the door and left me to wonder what he could possibly give me knowing what he does for a living.

When he came back a few minutes later he ordered me to close my eyes so I did.

"Okay, open!~" I opened my eyes and wanted nothing more than to rip the outfit to shreds.

It was a maid outfit, only stopping a little after my rear, it had black thigh high stockings and garters to match. The outfit also came with a headpiece that had neko ears attached and simple black shoes. The dress itself was black and white with hints of purple lacing and embroidery.

"You expect me to wear th-this?!" I asked. He gave me a big grin and nodded his head. "I also asked Mine to pick out some undergarments so she'll give you those in a moment"

What else does he make here? I thought this was a store for men.....

I snatched the outfit from his hands and slammed the door to the changing room. I grumbled to myself the entire time as I slipped it on, only stopping to accept the underwear Mine brought me. This is so embarrassing! I really, really hate you right now Ayame....

After I had it on I slowly opened the door and walked out. "Ayame!"

He came running in a second later. "My, you look much cuter than I imagined you would!" I blushed, even though I wanted to hit him.

I sat on the couch near his office and pouted "Can you call Yuki or Kyo to have them bring me some real clothes?" Ayame sighed "Fine, I will be back shortly"

When he came back a few minutes later he said someone would be here in a few minutes with spare clothes.

As I waited I felt my eyelids get heavy, I was pretty tired. Soon, they were shut....

I was warm, and someone was shaking me. I grumbled and opened my eyes, coming face to face with a pair of red orbs and pink cheeks.

I sat up, rubbing my eyes and looked around, realizing I was still in Ayame's shop.

"H-Here" Kyo said, shoving my clothes in my hands and turning around. I glanced down, only to see the outfit from earlier still on me. The skirt part had risen a little higher due to me falling asleep so that explained Kyo's face. I just pushed it down and headed into the changing rooms.

Was this outfit that bad? Did men like stuff like this? I wonder if Akito does.... I blushed like crazy at my crazy thoughts and pulled on the clothes. Still, the thoughts lingered in the back of my head.

When I walked back out I handed the ridiculous outfit to Ayame, only he shoved it back into my grasp "Keep it, it looks great on you"

I sighed, knowing that if I argued he would only take it away and give me something worse than what I have now.

"Come on Kyo, let's head home"

As we walked out of the store and to the edge of the woods not far from where we were I decided to voice the odd thoughts from before.

"Hey Kyo?"

He turned and looked at me with a small smile.

"Do boys like stuff like this, you know girls dressing up in these kinds of outfits?" His face twisted into a look of confusion and embarrassment.

"I-I don't know how to answer that..."

"Well, do you like stuff like this?"

He took in a shaky breath and stopped walking, lightly grabbing my shoulders and looking me in the eye. "I'll be honest with you, I did like seeing you in such a thing but you don't have to do anything like that to gain my attention Yumi, you already have it...." He looked away as the blush on his face deepened.

I pulled him into a hug "Okay, I won't"

==========================

The next morning I headed back to Akito's house to check on him.

This time a different maid answered the door and allowed me in. I escorted myself to his room and slowly walked in. He was up this time, reading. "Hey Yumi" he patted the bed beside him and scooted over.

I smiled and crawled on top of the enormous bed. "Are you feeling better?" I asked. He set his book down at his side and took my hand, placing it on his forehead "You tell me"

His forehead wasn't warm and he wasn't as pale as he was yesterday.

"You definitely seem better"

There was something different about him though, he seemed really cheerful for some reason.

"You seem much happier today, why is that?" I finally asked. He smirked and pointed up. I looked up and saw mistletoe hanging from the canopy of his bed. My eyes widened for a split second but I smiled.

How could I forget that Christmas was around the corner and that Akito might pull something like this.

"You're under the mistletoe Yumi, you know what that means right?"

My blush grew as he slowly leaned down, allowing me time to pull away if I wasn't comfortable.

I took control this time and pulled his face down to mine, our lips molding together. One of his arms wrapped around my waist, he pushed forward with his body, pushing me back so now I lay on the bed.

Our lips were moving in sync, like a dance.

His other free hand supported his weight, his body now loomed over mine. His lips never left mine as he leaned down ever further. My arms instinctively wound around his neck, tugging at his long hair. He moaned into my mouth and groaned, then pulled away.

He sat up on his knees, leaving me breathless and panting slightly. "I-I can't do this..."

"Do what?" I asked as soon as I calmed my breathing. "I can't restrain myself any longer...." I sat up as well and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm sorry" I mumbled. Akito looked at me like I belonged in a looney bin "There's nothing for you to be sorry for"

He stroked my cheek and leaned over, pecking my forehead. "I was the one who suggested the kiss so if I want someone to blame I should blame myself"

After that little episode Akito and I lounged in his giant bed, he read and I leaned on his shoulder.

I needed to get home now, it was late......

Eh, what's another half hour, it wont hurt anyone will it?

AN: How was that?! I know I'm extremely late but I apologize. Anywho, tell me what you think! The pic on the side is kinda what I was aiming for when I described the maid dress. OH! I need to ask you guys something, I need some Yumi x Hatsu ideas. So all you Hatsu fans, roll in some ideas and tell me what you'd like to see here :) Sorry if it's short and for any mistakes!