Chapter 2: Orientation

As the sun began to set, the five of us found a motel on the outskirts of whatever state we were all in. Jace rolled his eyes and kept walking as he mumbled, "A cheap motel. How original..." Fang rolled his eyes as a reaction to Jace's comment and Blake was too focused on the sky to notice what Jace said. As we got there, we found an ATM near the motel.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked towards it. "We can get some money from this thing." I looked at them, but none of them liked the idea."

"I'm pretty sure none of us have credit cards on us. Hell, I never had a credit card in the first place." Fang looked at me as he leaned against a light pole. I looked at the ATM and sighed. I then looked at my wrists and examined the steel gauntlets I stole. There had to be a reason no one had them already. I noticed there was a button on one of them, so I pushed it. Suddenly, an entire panel opened up, revealing a keyboard and monitor. My only reaction was, "Whoa..."

I looked at the keyboard and began to type, "Acquire money." Of course, it failed. I rolled my eyes and looked at the ATM. Suddenly, I had the impulse to place the gauntlet near the ATM. I placed my arm on the ATM and typed in, "ATM." The ATM began to bug out and it spat out a couple hundred dollar bills. I picked up the money and chuckled. "I found myself a new toy, guys." As I collected the money, Jace took some and got us a room to share. The room we got was small, and it only had one bed.

"Dibs on the bed." Fang looked over and sat on the soft, slightly dirty mattress. The piece of furniture only had one pillow and one blanket, and the blanket was barely enough for the bed. I walked into the room and sat on the chair near the bathroom. "Claimed," I told them, signifying that I had claimed the chair as my sleeping area. Jace grabbed the desk chair, a medium sized wooden chair without any soft cushions for the back rest, and leaned back in it. Ember curled up in one of the corners near the door and sunk into her clothes, kind of like a turtle retreating into its shell. Blake simply laid down on the floor near the TV. The funny thing was, he looked the most comfortable out of everyone else, almost like he was used to this stuff.

Fang looked around and sighed. "Alright, we're not gonna survive for much longer if we're all gonna be silent." We all looked at Fang and he sat up on the bed. "We only know each other's names. We'd have a better chance of surviving if we knew more about each other, so we can learn how to help each other in the process."

Jace scoffed and gave a simple, "Yeah right..." as he leaned in his chair. Fang looked at him and shook his head. Jace looked at us and sighed. "Alright, fine. We'll have Show and Tell... hold the Show." We all looked towards Fang once more as we waited for him to share. "Your idea, slime boy. You go first."

Fang sighed and nodded. "Alright. My name is Fang Rollins. From Jace's comment, and what you've seen from that prison, I can control three symbiotic entities. Two are disguised at clothing and named after my two late friends, their previous owners." The two entities revealed themselves as the two large dog tags around Fang's neck. "The third can't come out, since it's fused into my skin like a tattoo." He lifted his arm and showed the black tattoo on his arm. "They form over my skin and protect my body from harm. They also enhance my skills, such as my strength and reflexes. The reason I have all three is because my friend Damian... he was corrupted by power from his entity. So he killed our friend Trent, and I had to take him out. His entity ended up killing him from the inside, breaking through his flesh. Now I control all three, and I've yet to feel any negative effects. I was told it was because I had the level head of the three of us." He looked toward me and nodded. "Your turn."

I sighed and nodded. "Alright... I'm Kyle Maxxis. I really don't have any special powers. I was just trained very well by a cult of assassins, based of a video game. My brother and sister were killed in front of me and I wanted to kill the man who killed them. I didn't care what those assassins did, but they were killed before they could do anything." I looked at the hidden blades, and the new gauntlets that protected them. "They taught me to be stealthy, use my environment as a weapon, to fight and to kill. They taught me about 20 fighting styles, mainly focusing on Aikido, Shuri-ryū, Krav Maga, and Bare Knuckle Boxing for hand to hand combat. We also focused on Kenjutsu, or Japanese Swordsmanship." I took a breath and looked at my wrists. "I didn't care for their order or rules. I just wanted to kill the guy who killed my brother and sister. I did just that, and I took down his entire team of super soldiers with advanced armor and weapons." I chuckled and looked at the two. "I salvaged some of their stuff, and a lot of it was pretty useful. Flexible metal, agile armor, that sort of stuff. I came to fight the Grand Master to get away from the assassins. They're still hunting me down for betraying them." Fang and I looked toward Jace and I nodded to him. "Your turn."