Chapter 8: Betrayal

"Kyle, you alright? You look like you've just seen a ghost." Fang quickly took notice of the exo-arms and pointed them out. "Dude, did you make those?" I nodded and took a breath of air.

     "Get me some water and Gather everyone up." Jace, Blake, and Ember quickly gathered around as I sat on the bed. "I went to go try out the new gauntlets I modified." I showed them all the gauntlets and turned them to exo-arms, then looked up at them. "While I was practicing, I was attacked by scouts of our friendly neighbor." I took a drink of my water as the others blinked, then Jace took a step back and turned around.

     "Man, how the hell does he keep finding us???" He sent a punch through the wall and turned back to look at me.

     "I interrogated one of them, and I know the answer to that question Jace. One of us is a traitor who's been giving the Grand Master information." Blake and Fang both blinked as Blake sighed and Fang muttered, "No way... That can't be true." Ember shook her head and leaned against the closet.

     "Well how do we find the traitor?" She eyed Blake and everyone else saw her, everyone turning on Blake. Blake looked at everyone and took a step back.

     "Whoa, why are you guys looking at me for?" He held his hands up as he looked at us.

     "Well you're the quietest of all of us, and what have you really done for this team?" Ember started accusing Blake of a few things, but I stood up between them.

     "I could ask you the same thing Ember, considering you're the one who's betrayed us." I looked at her and everyone looked at me.

     "Whoa, man. Why are you saying it's her?" Fang questioned as Jace got defensive and in my face with a grumbling, "That's a strong accusation pal. Where's your proof?"

     I smirked and looked toward Ember. "Look at how she first reacted to the news when I told you guys. Jace, you got pissed, Blake was in shock, and Fang was in disbelief. What did Ember do? She got a little stiff, like she was hiding something."

     "W-well, that's how I handle shocking news," she protested, but I shook my head as I moved past Jace and took a step towards her.

     "Then look at how quick she was to blame someone else for betrayal. She blamed Blake like she knew we would turn on him for being isolated. But the thing is, I don't turn on people that easily, especially prison mates." I chuckled and looked at Ember as I took a step forward. "Blake is always isolated. He lived in captivity half his life and doesn't know how to really interact. You, however, Ember... You worked for the Grand Master when we escaped. Only reason to left with us was because you could see the outside world finally."

     "Y-you're making shit up now, aren't you? Trying to make me take the fall!" I shook my head and backed Ember up into the wall.

     "One final clue. The vending machine. Sounds a little weird, but this is where it gets interesting. This whole time, Ember is literally the ONLY person to use those vending machines. I wonder why? I always found it strange, but pushed it aside. Until now, when I went to use it to get a drink. Guess what buttons were being overused?" I took yet another step towards Ember, getting closer to her as she backed up into the corner. "G-1-3. Or G-13, and what's the 13th letter of the alphabet?"

     Fang jumped in as he gave a concerned look. "The letter M. G-M... Grand Master." He stood behind me, along with Blake, as Fang spoke louder. "You ARE the traitor... You've been feeding information to the Grand Master about us!"

     "And tried to throw the blame onto me to cover up your tracks!" Blake looked at her as he stood beside Fang and behind me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------