Chapter 4: Conflict

As Blake and Ember hung out in towels, and Fang took his shower, Kyle and I went down to find a clothing store to get them some clothes. We grabbed a handful of clothes from the store we went to and paid for them. We took them to the room and tossed them onto the bed, letting Ember and Blake look for whatever they wanted. We grabbed about every size of everything at the store. As they did this, Fang came out and grabbed some clothes for himself. They all went to separate rooms to change as Kyle and I grabbed out some clothes for ourselves so we didn't have this problem with our showers.

     "So how did you like being alone with Ember with her in nothing but a towel?" Kyle chuckled as he removed his hood and pulled out some clothes that would fit him. I simply flipped him the bird as I did the same thing with my clothes. He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Oh come on. You can't hide behind a wall forever."

     "I'm the one who built the wall, so I think I can." I rolled my eyes and laid on the bed, turning the TV on and surfing through the channels.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I walked out of the bathroom after I got dressed. "Anyone get a belt?" I was holding my new jeans up through the pockets as I looked through the pile. I pulled out a belt and wove it through the loops in my jeans, fastening the belt around my waist as I took my hands out of my pockets. Blake walked out with a pair of ripped jeans, and the top of his boxers showing as he held his shirt.

     "Someone hand me a knife." I tossed him a pocket knife from the dresser and he caught it. He began to cut holes in his shirt, then put it on. His wings came out from the holes, then he pulled a jacket over it. "That's better. A jacket is fine, but my wings hate being contained in a shirt."

     "You always talk like your wings have a mind of their own." Jace rolled his eyes as he sat up. His attitude was starting to become more annoying than anything. I rolled my own eyes and looked at Jace.

     "You always talk like you're top dog, when really you're probably at the bottom of the barrel." He stood up and looked at me.

     "What did you say, hoodie boy?" He picked me up to my feet, but I cut his hand and sent a punch into his ribs, launching him onto the floor as he held his stomach. I looked down at him and cracked my neck.

     "Like I said. Bottom of the barrel." Jace growled and tried to tackle, but when he grabbed me I redirected all the momentum so Jace was thrown into the air and back onto his head, with me pinning him down and holding a hidden blade to his throat. He looked up at me as I pulled my hood over my head and looked down at him. "Stop trying. You're untrained, barely know how to use your powers, and overly arrogant. I was trained since the age of 13 to kill 10 grown men twice your size, I know more forms of martial art than you can count on both your hands, and even though I don't have powers, YOU'RE the one pinned to the ground and with a blade to your throat." He growled as I kept him down.

     I stood up and retracted the blade, walking toward the bathroom. "Time to change your attitude, Jace. You're not the best anymore. You might have been in your town, but here... you might be the oldest here, but to me, you're just an immature, spoiled brat who thinks they can get whatever they want. I would hate to have you as team leader." With that, I grabbed a towel and went to take a shower.

     Afterword, I got dressed in a pair of brown cargo pants, my black combat boots, and a black T-shirt. I pulled my hooded tail-jacket over my body and pulled the hood over my head, the hood slipping on comfortably. I strapped my hidden blades onto my wrists, then slipped on the gauntlets I stole from the Grand Master. I looked at them and wondered what else I could discover from them. That was a project I saved until everyone was asleep. I walked out of the bathroom and both Blake and  Jace was gone.