Chapter 13: Torture

As we returned to the warehouse, Kyle moved to his stuff and pulled his hood over his head. It must have been horrible for him to be the only fully vulnerable one of the team. Fang and Blake walked into the warehouse after Kyle and I walked in after everyone else. I broke the silence by asking, "Did you guys get a look at the guy who shot the tank?" Blake and Fang shook their heads and I sighed. "I hate being in the dark." I sat with my stuff and pulled out a picture of my old friends from before. I sighed and closed my eyes, falling asleep.

     It had been months later before anything interesting happened. We were just watching over Silver Streak City for the past few months as we hardened ourselves, bettered our fighting tactics, and gained a few new resources. "I'm gonna go out and look for any trouble," I told the others as they did their own thing. Fang was looking at his parasites near his little makeshift room, Blake had made himself something similar to a birdhouse as he rested on the support beams above us all, and Kyle was looking at something on a laptop he bought. I walked out of the warehouse and looked around the rooftops.

     The night was quiet for once, but something had to happen. That's when I saw someone on the opposite rooftop. It was another sniper. As he took his shot, I used a claw to block the bullet as I rushed towards him. The sniper began to run, but I kept up with him. "This is where a new weapon type would be useful!" I reached out for the sniper as I started to close in on him, but he slipped away from my grip. He started to climb up to the high-class buildings, so I slowly climbed up after him.

     He was already at the rooftop, and I growled. I reached up and thought a moment. I used both my claws as I launched myself further up the building. As I went up, I pushed my boots against the building wall and briefly ran up the side of the building. I grabbed the ledge and pulled myself up, seeing the sniper further away. I rushed towards him and reached out for him. I tackled him as I got closer and pulled him to the ground as we slid down the side of the building. He tried to escape my grip, but I knocked him in the face and kept him down as we landed on the ground. "You're not going anywhere, pal."

     I dragged the sniper back to the warehouse and when I got there, I tied him to a chair. "Look familiar guys?" The others look at the sniper as he spit onto the ground. "Should I stab him in the heart now or later?" Kyle walked over and looked at the sniper.

     "He's the one that did this to me," Kyle said as he stood right in front of the man. He balled his fists and looked down at the sniper.

     "Well, well. If it isn't the kid from the rooftops. Want my autograph? Or is that respirator on your face enough?" The sniper chuckled as he looked up at Kyle.

     "How the hell did you even get away from the cops?" Kyle asked, but the sniper shook his head as he yawned. Fang pulled me aside and huddled me in to a whisper's distance.

     "What exactly are you trying to do here? You trying to get information out of this guy?" Fang asked as he looked at me.

     I shrugged as I replied, "Yeah. I was hoping he'd have information for us."

     "If there's gonna be an interrogation, I'm gonna be the one who asks the questions." Kyle looked at us, looking like he wouldn't take no for an answer. I looked at Fang and shrugged, but Fang shook his head.

     "Just keep him alive and awake to answer our questions." I looked at Kyle, then leaned against the wall as I watched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I looked at the sniper and cracked my head. "I'm gonna ask again. How did you get away from the cops?" The sniper shook his head again, but I grabbed him by his hair and threw him backwards onto the ground. I stomped on his stomach and slammed his head onto the ground again. I pulled his seat back up and looked at him. "Not the answer I want to hear, pal! We can do this all night long."