Chapter 7: Summer Vacation

Hello my fellow bananas!!! I mean humans... Oh my I think I have a fever...well anyway.... Long time no see!!! I have been so busy these months, but don't worry I won't let you guys down. Although you're only some simple humans. Hahaha! Just kidding! So enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The beach!! The sun!!!" Aya shouted.

"I have to admit the beach was a good idea." Sora smiled.

The 3 friends were at the beach this time. Aya was shouting all over the place. Sora just sighed as always. And (Y/n) was just enjoying their company.

It has been a long time since I went to the beach. She thought sadly.

"Is somethimg bothering you?" Sora asked her.

"N-no. I feel sleepy."

"That's because this little brat woke us up at 6 in the morning!!!" He said and gave Aya an angry look.

"The beach is much better this time. It isn't crowded. I don't get it. Why are you so angry? Oohh, I know. You won't be able to flirt any girls with that sleepy face!Hahaha, your hopeless"
She smirked.

"YOU LITTLE....!!!" Sora blushed and started chasing her.

Time passed happily. The 3 of them just played and laughed.

"Few... I'm exhausted." Aya complained.

"I'll go and get some drinks. Be right back!!" Sora said.

"Hey (Y/n)-chan?"

"What is it?"

"Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah! Of course! Why do you ask?"

"You seemed really down these days."

"Really? Well... it's nothing."

(Y/n)'s thoughts went to Izaya. Her heart started pounding. She had these feelings for days now and she didn't know why or how to get rid of them. She blushed a little and shook her head.

"Is that so? Well I'm glad!"
Aya smiled.

"Heeeey Ayaaaa catch!!!"
Sora shouted while throwing the drink to her.

Aya got up and tried to catch it, but accidentally fell on a person right next to her.

"Oh my... I-i'm really sorry sir!" She bowed

"It's ok little miss." He smiled to her.

"God Aya! You can't even catch a small can. And you also fell on somebody!" Sora said angrily.

"It's your fault! At least I apologized! Didn't i, (Y/n)-chan?" She complained.

(Y/n) was looking in shock.

"(Y/n)-chan?"

"Iza...." She said.

"Hey, do you know this man?" Sora asked.

"Yeah she sure knows me! I'm Iza--"

"Izayoi! His name is Izayoi! He is my....umm.... cousin!" She smiled nervously.

"Is that so?! Nice to meet you!!" Aya said happily.

"Yeah me too." Sora smiled.

"S-so what are you doing here? Izay..oi?"

"I just thought that the weather today it's just great for a day at the beach."
He smiled innocently.

"Yeah! That's right! Hey, wanna hang out with us? We would love to know you a little better."
Aya said.

"I-I'm sure I-izayoi has lots of work to do, don't you?"

"No, I'm completely free."
He smirked to (Y/n).

(Y/n) blushed and tried to talk back, but Aya grabbed him and continued walking.

(Y/n) didn't want Izaya to come along, because she was feeling weird these days. And she didn't know why. Every time Izaya smiled her face became red. Or every time he spoke. Living in the same house was really difficult now. She knew what it was but maybe she didn't want to admit it to herself yet. Maybe because she had never felt it before.

She looked ahead watching Aya and Sora enjoying Izaya's company. She felt her heart pounding again.
She just shook her head and continued walking.

The day passed really fast. The sun was about to set and everybody was sitting on the sand watching the waves and talking.

"Wow! I never knew that chess was such an interesting game!" Sora said.

"You just need to focus and have fun at the same time!" Izaya smiled.

"I want to play too!!" Aya shouted happily.

"Maybe (Y/n) can teach you Aya-chan. She knows how to play too."

"Really?! Wow (Y/n)-chan! Can you teach me?!"

"....Wh-what? What did you say? Sorry I wasn't listening..."

"Are you okay, you seem a little bit down."

"N-no I was just feeling sleepy."

"Then let's head home. The sun is about to set." Izaya said.

"Let's at least watch the sunset!" Aya begged.

(Y/n) looked at the sunset and her eyes felt nostalgic. But she was just thinking about her feelings. Izaya was observing her the whole time. She barely said a word to him. Izaya was worried.

He observed her nostalgic face.

I wonder what she's thinking. Her eyes seem sad. He thought.

A couple hours later the 4 of them were finally to Ikebukuro.

"It was nice to meet you Izayoi-san." Sora said.

"Yeah me too!!" Aya smiled.

"Hope to see you two soon." Izaya smiled.

"See ya (Y/n)-chan!"

Izaya and (Y/n) said goodbye to Sora and Aya and walked home.
Both of them were speechless.
After a while they arrived to Izaya's apartment.

"I-im going to take a shower."
(Y/n) said nervously.

"Wait!"Izaya said grabbing her hand.

(Y/n) blushed and felt her face getting really hot.

"You're acting weird all day! Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah I'm fine."

"Oh come on! You're acting weird!" He said squeezing her hand even more.

Then (Y/n) blushed even more.

"Just let go!!!" She said pulling her hand of.

Izaya surprised just stared and stayed speechless.
Then (Y/n) dashed to her room and closed the door. She quickly went under her bed sheets with her face really red and her heart pounding really fast.
Izaya's heart was also pounding. But because of sadness.

Wh-what is going on? Izaya thought while clenching his fist.

The 2 of them just sank in their thoughts while the night continued to grow.

--END--