Chapter 9: Summer Festival

Izaya and Inori were walking in the streets of Ikebukuro. As always Inori was making fun with the people who were passing by. Izaya had no choice but laugh. His laugh was kind of sad. And kind of lonely.

"Iza-chan... What's wrong?" Inori asked.

"Ummm nothing... I was thinking."

"Is that so? Well, what a pity that (Y/n)-chan didn't come with us tonight." She said with a sad face. Izaya heart sunk. He sighed and continued.

The two of them walked for a while and talked about their High School life. Both of them laughed and teased each other.
Time ran fast but they both enjoyed themselves.

"Here Iza-chan. I know you don't like it sweet" Inori said with a smile while giving him a cup of coffee.

"Thanks. You sure remember that." Izaya smiled.

"Hey. Shouldn't we order one for (Y/n)-chan?"

Izaya didn't answer he just nodded.

"OK! Wait a sec!"

"Hey wait! She doesn't like bitter things. Oh... and not too much milk. She likes also some biscuits with it." Izaya said.

"You sure know a lot." Inori smirked.

Izaya felt his heart racing. His cheeks flushed and turned his face away.
In a few minutes Inori was back.

"Here you go." She said.

Izaya nodded again.

"Hey what's the matter? Every time we speak about (Y/n)-chan you get disappointed."

"No.. It's..it's nothing."

"Oh come on! I know you're hiding something. Oh! Are you in love Iza-chan?" She teased him.

Izaya looked down and continued drinking.
Inori's eyes got bigger.

"Oh my god! Are you serious?! That's so cute!!!"

"Shut up! It's not big deal..."

'Oh come on! This must be serious. You and I mean it YOU have never felt this way! This must be something!" She said happily.

"I...i don't know... I guess so...."

"This is just PER-FECT!!" She shouted

"Even if it is she doesn't speak to me anymore."

"Why? What happened?"

"I don't know she began to act strangely. She doesn't even want to look at me." Izaya said and he felt his heart pounding.

"I think that you must tell her the truth."

"No...I..I just can't."

"No? You just said no? You are Izaya Orihara! You have never been afraid in your whole life!" She said proudly.

Izaya looked at her with surprised eyes.

"But...if she doesn't feel that way?" He said sadly.

"Don't worry. If you tell her your true feelings I think she will also give you hers." Inori smiled.

"Yeah... I will try." Izaya smiled.

Inori clapped her hands together and smiled.

To their way home the night seemed warmer. It was about ten o'clock but there were still a lot of people outside. It was summer after all.